View Full Version : Brainstorm: Need Some Magazine Advice

07-25-2006, 6:23 PM
OK, I own some old 30 round, pre-99 magazines.

They are pretty beat up now, so I want to replace the body, and the internals...what's the best way to document that I had owned these pre-99s and I am only replacing the parts as legally allowed.

Basically, all the things I can do (other than saving the reciept of the items I buy) so that if some cop pulls me over and hauls me away for these 30 round clips, I can prove in court that I owned these prior.


07-25-2006, 6:54 PM
Keep your old damaged parts (unassembled of course) in a 5 gallon bucket for proof if you ever need it, dats what I do

07-25-2006, 6:57 PM
You legally do not need to show any kind of proof that you repaired them. The burden of proof is on the prosecuter to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you did not own them before the ban. Essentially impossible.