PDA

View Full Version : Prvi Partizan 9mm 115 grain JHP expansion issues?

californialawsucks
12-24-2010, 5:34 PM
Hello,
I saw a video on youtube testing this ammo, but in the 147 grain variety and the test showed almost zero expansion. Would this round also experience the same results, and does anyone have any personal test results?

Thank You

iareConfusE
12-24-2010, 5:37 PM
I wouldn't want to use PPU JHP for personal protection anyways. If you want a reliable hollowpoint, go with the brands that everyone knows and recommends.

Speer Gold Dot
Winchester Ranger
Remington Golden Saber
Hornady TAP/Crit Defense
Federal Hydra-Shok
etc etc...

californialawsucks
12-25-2010, 2:43 AM
If these can be bought for the same price as federal fmj cartridges, would it be advisable to go ahead and just buy the prvi partizan jhp cartidridges for plinking/ target ammo? Also, what is the cheapest walmart offering in 9mm, be it fmj or jhp, for plinking/ target use?

iareConfusE
12-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Sure if it's the same price. I find that hollowpoints make cleaner holes through paper so it's easier to tell where you hit and how many might be in one ragged hole.

I don't know of the cheapest Walmart 9mm, but from the threads I've seen here it might be Tula ammo.

Paul S
12-25-2010, 11:30 AM
If these can be bought for the same price as federal fmj cartridges, would it be advisable to go ahead and just buy the prvi partizan jhp cartidridges for plinking/ target ammo? Also, what is the cheapest walmart offering in 9mm, be it fmj or jhp, for plinking/ target use?

Fresno Walmart...100 rnd/box 9mm FMJ Winchester White Box...$22.95...bought 3 boxes day before yesterday. 23 cents a rond is pretty cheap.
By the way....clerk told another customer the staff has not yet gotten an answer as to whether Walmart will discontinue ammo sales in February.
My guess is Walmart will stop selling ammo.

I also suspect the increased ammo supplies at Walmarts all over the state is because Walmart is trying to unload the stuff it's been holding back.

SamSung
12-25-2010, 1:19 PM
Walmart clerks are just.........clerks, they don't know "SQUAT" what Walmart's plan will be. :rolleyes:

Sunday
12-25-2010, 9:04 PM
I used to really like Walmart but over the last year or so it has changed somehow and I really am not liking shopping there as well.