PDA

View Full Version : They are coming for your knives next

billym
07-25-2006, 3:50 PM
The Wall Street Journal published a very negative knife article today; "deadly pocketknives". This tastes of the same BS they have been using against gun rights in this country. The battle is about to widen to our knives.
"from my cold dead hands..." will now have to apply to more than just our guns.

C.G.
07-25-2006, 4:00 PM
The Wall Street Journal published a very negative knife article today; "deadly pocketknives". This tastes of the same BS they have been using against gun rights in this country. The battle is about to widen to our knives.

Already happened in England.

The Soup Nazi
07-25-2006, 4:15 PM
Lets start the National Knife Association. I've got dibs on President.

VeryCoolCat
07-25-2006, 4:16 PM
You call that a knife! THIS is a knife!

Whats the rule on knives anyways. In order to carry a knife it has to be under 3" or something like that.

dixieD
07-25-2006, 4:24 PM
What are the rules for swords? OK if not concealed? OK in the car? etc.

D

leelaw
07-25-2006, 5:14 PM

Whats the rule on knives anyways. In order to carry a knife it has to be under 3" or something like that.

Folding utility blades (thumb stud, not a switchblade, not a butterfly knife) can be carried concealed regardless of the length.

Check out the Blade forum for more info.

xenophobe
07-25-2006, 7:08 PM
Diane Feinstein tried that a dozen years ago. She got laughed at in the Senate.

Satex
07-25-2006, 7:42 PM
I think that everyone that knows matrial arts should be registered too!
And you should be 21 to attend a martial arts!
;-)

bu-bye
07-25-2006, 9:59 PM
I find it very funny that Cali is I think the only state that does not have a length limit for folders. I carry big :D

M. Sage
07-25-2006, 10:20 PM
I find it very funny that Cali is I think the only state that does not have a length limit for folders. I carry big :D

My current folder would be on the limit for length back home (in Michigan), but would be illegal there anyway, since it's an assited-opener.

Legal here, though. :confused:

Socal858
07-25-2006, 11:31 PM
im gonna start hoarding large stones and heavy sticks. at this pace ill need em to cover my ****** some day

C.G.
07-26-2006, 12:28 AM
im gonna start hoarding large stones and heavy sticks. at this pace ill need em to cover my ****** some day

That is the weapons of choice that Einstein said would be in WWIV.

paradox
07-26-2006, 6:33 AM
That is the weapons of choice that Einstein said would be in WWIII.

That's WWIV.

C.G.
07-26-2006, 10:19 AM
That's WWIV.

Correct.:) Had a brainfade, thanks for catching that.

Clodbuster
07-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Knives, nail clippers, sharp earrings...doesn't matter. All are assault weapons to the government now that MacGyver episodes are availble on DVD. Wonder if DOJ has someone dedicated to watch all the DVDs to see what LE and the 58 DAs should crack down on next.

Clod

Pulsar
07-26-2006, 3:24 PM
What are the rules for swords? OK if not concealed? OK in the car? etc.

D

If I remember correctly, certain sword types are illegal, but I have no idea's which ones. I think there are laws about carrying them openly, something along the lines of brandishing. As for carrying them in a car, I'd have to assume it'd be the same as carrying a baseball bat in your car, though I do know at least one person who carries a sword in the trunk of his car.

Librarian
07-26-2006, 4:59 PM

No size limit for folders.
No size limit for fixed blades except on school grounds.
No concealed fixed-blades, but wearing one in a sheath on your belt is explicitly not concealed.
Swords? Don't frighten the sheep, otherwise no regs.

DSA_FAL
07-26-2006, 8:18 PM
I'd then start Knife Owners of America just to piss on the National Knife Association.

The Soup Nazi
07-26-2006, 8:43 PM
Then I'd start the CFPO (Christians for the preservation of Knife ownership).

M. Sage
07-26-2006, 9:53 PM
Then I'd start the CFPO (Christians for the preservation of Knife ownership).

CPKO (Christians for Preservation of Knife Ownership), maybe? :P

Not often that one makes a mistake... Gotta exploit it like a BF2 player.

CSkyhawk72
07-26-2006, 10:25 PM

Just remember to stock up before the put a 10 day waiting period on each stone.

New stone regulations:

1. A 10 day waiting period must be imposed on each stone purchase.
2. No more than 3 stones may be purchased at a time.
- If the stones are 3" in diameter or less and weigh more than 4 lbs., only
one stone may be purchased at a time. DROS fees CANNOT be combined.
3. Purchaser must be 21 years of age, or older, to purchase a stone.
4. A SOL Fee (Stone Owner License) of $25 per stone must be made once every 12 calendar months.
- Fees may be sent directly to Diane Feinstein or Don Perratta
- Fee may be paid in small unmarked bills of sequential serial numbers
- Fee must be presented in a small paper bag, with the term "DOG CHOW"
clearly printed in atleast 3" high block lettering.
- Fee may be paid on any day, after 7pm, and not during a full moon.
5. Stones may not be concealed in any way, unless of 1.75" diameter or less.
6. OTSBH (Over The Shoulder Boulder Holders) are allowed to transport stones ONLY from your residence to a licensed stone throwing range, provided they are in a locked and padded compartment.
7. Stones are ILLEGAL in San Francisco.
8. Sticks are ILLEGAL in California.
9. A person in violation of these laws will be sodomized by Mayon Gavin Newsome, and left stoneless for up to, but not including a period of 34.263 years.

Pulsar
07-26-2006, 10:55 PM
I can still keep my detachable throwing pebbles though right?

Are boulders counted as destructive devices? And I know sticks are illegal, but what about twigs? And a branch is just a stick by any other name, but it's not called a stick, do we have an OLL situation?

Do I need to get a special permit if I want to skip stones across bodies of water?

And should I get a hold of ATF, DOJ, FBI, local police, or some other agency when the vehicle in front of throws a rock at my windshield, cause a chip, or worse yet a crack? Or should I just immidietly call 911 and report it as attempted murder or manslaughter?

PatrickM.
07-27-2006, 1:44 AM
OK that makes sense......

SO....

then general contractors, carpenters, and loggers be required to get a special license (Federal Wood/Stick/Stone License) from the US Bureau of Stones, Sticks, and Wood?????

what is next.... I need a special permit to use toiilet paper due to the possibility of a paper cut??

Patrick M.

C.G.
07-27-2006, 1:57 AM
Just remember to stock up before the put a 10 day waiting period on each stone.

New stone regulations:

1. A 10 day waiting period must be imposed on each stone purchase.
2. No more than 3 stones may be purchased at a time.
- If the stones are 3" in diameter or less and weigh more than 4 lbs., only
one stone may be purchased at a time. DROS fees CANNOT be combined.
3. Purchaser must be 21 years of age, or older, to purchase a stone.
4. A SOL Fee (Stone Owner License) of $25 per stone must be made once every 12 calendar months.
- Fees may be sent directly to Diane Feinstein or Don Perratta
- Fee may be paid in small unmarked bills of sequential serial numbers
- Fee must be presented in a small paper bag, with the term "DOG CHOW"
clearly printed in atleast 3" high block lettering.
- Fee may be paid on any day, after 7pm, and not during a full moon.
5. Stones may not be concealed in any way, unless of 1.75" diameter or less.
6. OTSBH (Over The Shoulder Boulder Holders) are allowed to transport stones ONLY from your residence to a licensed stone throwing range, provided they are in a locked and padded compartment.
7. Stones are ILLEGAL in San Francisco.
8. Sticks are ILLEGAL in California.
9. A person in violation of these laws will be sodomized by Mayon Gavin Newsome, and left stoneless for up to, but not including a period of 34.263 years.

Any responses to these regulations must be postmarked by August 9. 1996, not that we will read them.