PDA

View Full Version : Senate President pro Tem Don Perata To Do List

johnny_22
07-25-2006, 3:15 PM
From NBC 11 Web site:
"
Item Six:

Goal: Guns-on-the-Street: establish an effective gun “buy back” program; analysis of other gun suppression strategies. On August 7, we will convene a meeting under the guidance of the Alameda County’s violence prevention director to create a non-law enforcement sponsored gun buy-back program. There seems great potential for churches to operate several programs. In addition, staff will assess the value of other gun suppression strategies."

I did not know churches had a FFL1. Next purchase, I should transfer there, and the fees would be a tax deduction.

More at: http://www.nbc11.com/news/9566088/detail.html

phish
07-25-2006, 4:41 PM
I think this guy needs to move to Texas! I was hoping the feds would have enough evidence to indict him, but I guess they don't.

BrianK_73
07-25-2006, 5:22 PM
I think this guy needs to move to Texas!

You have something against Texas?

There's a Podcast available called (I think) "Gun Rights Advocate" that discusses gun buybacks. The Podcaster filed a lawsuit on several grounds that might even work in CA. He lost the lawsuit but he says that there hasn't been another buyback in his area of the state since. Don't now the validity of it.

Buying (not buying back since they didn't sell them) guns without an FFL is a violation of CA law too.

phish
07-25-2006, 10:19 PM
I paraphrased Perata's statement regarding Olympic pistols that were in danger of being banned because of CA's "safe handgun" law. When called onto the floor, he retorted: "They should move to Texas then", or something along those lines.

It surprisingly caused a backlash of sorts, hence, there is a list of exempted pistols that can still be bought. Some find the list useless since you'll never see those pistols in a MtV video, but it's handy for collectors.

I have John Lott's book "The Bias Against Guns". He tears apart the premise that buy-back programs of any kind work.

chris
07-25-2006, 10:25 PM
i have that book and it's really good. i have to Don "I have my CCW" Perata has been really quite. i guess after SB23 he was so happy he could take away rifles from the serfs (people) in this state. allthough his statement is quite scary firearm suppression strategies. that is scary considrering the damage that guy has done. i hope he gets termed out soon but not soon enough.

BrianK_73
07-26-2006, 7:15 AM
I paraphrased Perata's statement regarding Olympic pistols that were in danger of being banned because of CA's "safe handgun" law. When called onto the floor, he retorted: "They should move to Texas then", or something along those lines.

Alright, I am going to let that slide :) Some people actually find it offensive when Californians talk about exporting their politicos to better parts of the country.

So tell me, anybody ever try putting together zip guns from pipe fittings and turning those in? Even if you only got $25 a piece you could come out ahead.

mikehaas
07-26-2006, 8:16 AM
The NRA Members' Council of Alameda County monthly meeting time and location is listed here:
http://calnra.com/cgi-bin/haasmcshowwebpage.cgi?mc=alameda

Get together with other NRA members in your area! Volunteer online at:
http://calnra.com/volunteer/

GET INVOLVED, GET ORGANIZED, GET SERIOUS. Unity is crucial to political success. You weren't in that Members' Council to help stop Don Perata when he was elected to the Assembly. You weren't in that Members' Council to help stop Don Perata when he moved to the Senate. And after a career of kicking gun-owners, he is now termed out. But think he doesn't have a hand-picked replacement lined-up?

There is only one organized pro-gun group in Alameda County and you aren't a member. Alamedans, don't you think you should remedy that?

Mike

chris
07-26-2006, 11:12 AM
so he is termed out? good i guess a flaming case of herpes is not necessary then. one can hope can't they. i'm not able to send letters here no access to a printer and the internet is filtered but i will be sending lots of letters that someone writes for us. i can get into a rant when writing to them. i have called and the assistent on the line told me one time they were getting lots of calls and i mean lots of them. and the bill in question was defeated.

Jack_Bauer
07-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Alright, I am going to let that slide :) Some people actually find it offensive when Californians talk about exporting their politicos to better parts of the country.

So tell me, anybody ever try putting together zip guns from pipe fittings and turning those in? Even if you only got $25 a piece you could come out ahead.

Great idea! I will start my research.

Hunter
07-26-2006, 12:18 PM
......So tell me, anybody ever try putting together zip guns from pipe fittings and turning those in? Even if you only got $25 a piece you could come out ahead.

Be careful.....

PC 12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following
is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year
or in the state prison: (1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the
state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives,
lends, or possesses any cane gun or wallet gun, any undetectable
firearm, any firearm which is not immediately recognizable as a
firearm, any camouflaging firearm container, any ammunition which
contains or consists of any flechette dart, any bullet containing or
carrying an explosive agent, any ballistic knife, any multiburst
trigger activator, any nunchaku, any short-barreled shotgun, any
short-barreled rifle, any metal knuckles, any belt buckle knife, any
leaded cane, any zip gun, any shuriken, any unconventional pistol,
any lipstick case knife, any cane sword, any shobi-zue, any air gauge
knife, any writing pen knife, any metal military practice
handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade, or any instrument or weapon
of the kind commonly known as a blackjack, slungshot, billy,
sandclub, sap, or sandbag.

DrjonesUSA
07-26-2006, 1:07 PM
so he is termed out? good i

He is?????????

THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!

mikehaas
07-26-2006, 2:16 PM
He is?????????

THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!

But like I said, don't think he doesn't have someone in mind to take his place. In any event, the best way to help stop the anti and get a good guy endorsed by NRA for that seat (can mean $$ and MC support for a pro-gun campaign) is by working within that Members' Council.

BTW, you guys have probably seen this, right?
http://nrawinningteam.com/calnra/perata/

Overt threats, indeed. THEN WHY WAS NO ONE PROSECUTED?

Mike

BrianK_73
07-26-2006, 5:25 PM
Be careful.....

Well understood. This idea isn't perfect by any means. In other buybacks, it's been published that they were "no questions asked". Meaning that youd could bring them a fully automatic belt-fed musket with a 3" barrel and a collapsable stock and you wouldn't be arrested (or anything else).

I think these guns still test fired and checked to see if they match any other crimes though.

Without the "no questions asked" clause, it would be a non starter. I'd like to see them throw away money.

Just a thought.

Charliegone
07-26-2006, 10:21 PM
The statement alone in Perata's renewal ccw form says it all about what he thinks of gun owners. To him we are all law breakers, who just want the the chance to shoot someone. What the shallow minded guy doesn't understand a great majority of us are law abiding citizens and we wouldn't want to hurt anyone unless we really really have to. i.e. a guy trying to rape your wife...but don't tell Perata that...it seems he thinks we are just after him...paranoid.....:mad:

DrjonesUSA
07-27-2006, 9:36 AM
But like I said, don't think he doesn't have someone in mind to take his place. In any event, the best way to help stop the anti and get a good guy endorsed by NRA for that seat (can mean $$ and MC support for a pro-gun campaign) is by working within that Members' Council.

Good point.

Mike

I've seen that letter before. It's typical and not at all surprising; it's not that anti-gunners hate guns, it's just that they want to be the only ones to have them or otherwise be in control of them.

Feinstein also has one of like 3 CCW permits in the city of SF, or at least she used to, and also admitted to keeping a revolver for self-defense.

Stories of such hypocrisy abound.

ldivinag
07-27-2006, 9:16 PM

Mike

A-friggin-MAZING....

i guess the old saying "all men are created equal... some are just more equal than others..."

M. Sage
07-27-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm not surprised... he HAD to send it on his State Senate letterhead?

I thought that it was illegal to use your office as a legislator to get favors.... :confused: Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I was thinking it NEEDS to be.