PDA

View Full Version : What's the best Glock magazine release?

kennebellgt
12-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Im in the market for a glock magazine release, what are some of the best ones out there?

Heiko
12-24-2010, 1:16 PM
Vickers extended magazine release (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=25364/Product/VICKERS_EXTENDED_MAG_RELEASE_for_GLOCK_reg_)

I'm not a Glock expert by any means but I just got this for my G19. I feels bigger but not exaggerated. Too big and I think there is a risk that it will inadvertently release the magazine in a CCW situation, like when sitting down or in the car.

Army
12-24-2010, 1:26 PM
Right thumb.

:D

ZombieTactics
12-24-2010, 1:33 PM
Personally, I've never seen what the big deal is ... the factory release works just spiffy as far as I'm concerned.

Kanoodler
12-24-2010, 1:34 PM
I agree on the Vickers mag release. I know a few folks who installed the Glock factory extended release, then had to knock the sharp corners off. The Vickers gives you the advantages of positive engagement without having to adjust the grip...and none of the drawbacks of the sharp corners.

And the price is right too!!

corporateslave
12-24-2010, 2:06 PM
Personally, I've never seen what the big deal is ... the factory release works just spiffy as far as I'm concerned.

I can't hit the mag release reliably without rotating my grip on the gun, which I prefer not to do. I'm 6'2" with bigger than average hands too.

DRAB_81
12-24-2010, 3:07 PM
I can't hit the mag release reliably without rotating my grip on the gun, which I prefer not to do. I'm 6'2" with bigger than average hands too.

Unfortunately, an extended mag release will probably not solve your problem. I have to shift my grip on all my Glocks to drop mags. My G34 has a factory extended mag release on it, and shifting my grip during reloads (IDPA) doesn't bother me at all.

AndrewMendez
12-24-2010, 3:13 PM
Smith and Wesson M&P :hide::hide::hide:

kln5
12-24-2010, 4:34 PM
+1 on the vickers mag release. They aren't that expensive and not too large. The rounded corners are a big plus while ccwing.

G-forceJunkie
12-24-2010, 9:19 PM
Try the Glock extended one, knock the corners off with a sharp razor and try using your middle finger.I can't hit the mag release reliably without rotating my grip on the gun, which I prefer not to do. I'm 6'2" with bigger than average hands too.

DaveFJ80
12-24-2010, 9:42 PM
I agree on the Vickers mag release. I know a few folks who installed the Glock factory extended release, then had to knock the sharp corners off.

IMO, no matter how much you file down the corners on the Glock factory extended release, it'll never feel like the Vicker's extended release. Plus, it'll still stick out way too far compared to the Vicker's release. I have all 3, and I like the Vicker's extended release the best on my G19.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/mugenef8/FIREARMS/Glock19/Mag_Release/Glock_Mag_Releases_Names.jpg

HighLander51
12-25-2010, 7:25 AM
Just get the OEM Glock 21 mag release, it's like $3 and knock the sharp edges off with an emery board. Glock doesn't make an 'extended' release, just the large frame (G21/20) part and small frame (G17) part.

kennebellgt
12-25-2010, 9:23 AM
I'm going with the vickers, Thanks guys. :D

hybridatsun350
12-25-2010, 9:24 AM
I've got the Glock factory extended release on my Glock 34 and it's just enough to allow me to release the mag without changing my grip. It definitely sticks out a bit, but my 34 isn't a CCW, and never will be, so it's not really an issue! :)

bondmid003
12-25-2010, 6:30 PM
I'm going to go with the Vickers release as well, I've heard nothing but good things about it.

OliveCookieMonsta
12-25-2010, 6:34 PM
I like it for IDPA and it's not a big difference IMO just nicer to not have to change my grip when releasing. But I have a 17 and also have smaller hands.

jdg30
12-25-2010, 7:22 PM
I put the .45/10mm standard Glock mag release on my 9mm/.40 Glocks and it is extended so I don't have to adjust my grip to release the mag. The stock Glock part is only a few bucks and the sharp corners can easily be fixed by either melting them with a soldering iron, sanding with a Dremel, cutting with a razor, sanding by hand, etc. in about 5 minutes. I tried the Glock extended mag release that was about $20 from Glockmeister but didn't like it. The mag release for the G21 works perfect and is cheap to buy.

MadRiverArms
12-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Anybody using the X-Mag release from Ghost?

-G