PDA

View Full Version : CalGuns appreciation thread

TonyNorCal
07-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Like many here I wish the gun sale forum would come back. However, I have no doubt that they were pulled for a good reason. And, I understand that it's just not prudent to opnely discuss some things on an internet forum. I hope whatever issue it is gets resolved...but if not this is still a great place. And I appreciate it being here.

Without CalGuns...

~I never would have acquired the off-list stuff I now have. Living in Sonoma County it just wouldn't have been on my radar screen.

~I wouldn't have a place to go and get straight, clear, well thought out answers to Cali gun laws. I have a decent grasp now, but didn't when I first arrived. And, I believe without an doubt, that this site is the best resource information on Cali gun laws that exists. Try getting answers from many of your local gun stores...enough said. Just think how valuable it is to have a guy like Bill here.

~Think of the creativity in play here. Guys like reading California law and following it to the letter...hence off-list is allowed. Not it's not a loop-hole, it's a diligent application of the exact wording of the law. And maybe a little thinking outside the box:p .

~How about the creativity of guys like Monster Man? The SRB guy? The guy making the prototype AR that doesn't use a standard recoil spring and thus can be fitted with a true rifle stock? The guys making their AKs? Ways to fix a mag? Alternative ways to load? And many more. And all that knowledge is imparted here. For you. And the wonderful thing is many of the guys doing creative builds are friendly and willing to assist you.

~I'd never have gone to Irvington Arms. In fact, I'd never have heard of it. And it's a great store.

~I wouldn't have a place to come express my frustration at Cali law. Or a place to laugh with others. Or a place to feel that I'm not alone.

Well, the list could go on and on...but I am getting ready to go to the range for the first time in, um, a while.

So time to hit the road.

But just wanted to say thanks for CalGuns. Just think of all this site brings you. It's really a great thing.

maschronic
07-25-2006, 12:34 PM
IM with you Tony!!!!

without calguns.net, i would have missed the OLL. Infact, when i started to acquire firearms again, a friend told me about this site. after joining this community, the end result was more money spent and a BIGGER SMILE ON MY FACE :D

Thanks Calguns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!