PDA

View Full Version : How fun would this be??

Newshooter
12-23-2010, 9:02 PM
http://dealer.americantactical.us/products/?product=609

EDITED TO REFLECT MANUFACTURERS WEBSITE

I wonder if it is on the roster.

Turo
12-23-2010, 9:13 PM
You have to be logged in to view the "discussion web."

Newshooter
12-23-2010, 9:26 PM
Sorry about that. It is a 22LR 1911.

From the website:
Just got these in very very nice German Manufactured full sized 1911 style 22 caliber pistols, 10 shot, wood grips , cut checkering, ambidextrous safety!, Adjustable light weight trigger, skeletonized hammer 5" barrel length, white night type sights, goes to slide lock after last round fired! Works and shoots just like your .45acp. These are manufactured by American Tactical Imports. Now here is the best part this gun comes with a LIFETIME REPAIR/REPLACEMENT Warranty!!! taken care of our wholesale distributor right here in the good old USA in Arizona! You really can't go wrong here these are just a few bucks more than a 22cal conversion kit and only one out there goes to slide lock, most of them will only run on premium ammo. You can get one for $360.00 shipping and insurance included to your FFL! If I'm out when you order no big deal we are constantly getting them back in. Magazines are available at $36.00 each and they are metal not cheap plastic stuff. PM if you would like any further info I'd be glad to help you out! ONLY $360

I will try to post pics. It looks really sweet.

1911Operator
12-23-2010, 9:27 PM
lol, if you wanna have fun......log in i guess

morrcarr67
12-24-2010, 6:05 AM
http://dealer.americantactical.us/products/?product=609

EDITED TO REFLECT MANUFACTURERS WEBSITE

I wonder if it is on the roster.

Not on the roster nor will it ever be.

Not to mention that someone posted a thread on this gun a couple of weeks ago showing one that had completely broke the slide in about 7 pieces. I don't think this will be on my wish list anytime soon. :(

Sam
12-24-2010, 6:08 AM
A dedicated 22 slide can be shipped to your door.

Munk
12-24-2010, 5:44 PM
there's also one made by Chiapp (http://chiappafirearms.com/products/74)a (The company behind the Rhino).

From what I hear, these are damn easy to break (wtf is Chiappaloy). You're better off getting yourself a cheap RIA or something and getting a dedicated 22 slide. At least then you've got durability and the option to go back to the guns real configuration.

VegasND
12-24-2010, 7:08 PM
I looked at the Chiappa didn't care much for it, thought the GSG was a much better pistol so bought one. People who have shot it alongside my Armscor Tactical are surprised how similar they are. I've got about 2000 rounds through mine and I'm very pleased. It's pretty much paid for itself over the cost of .45 and shows no signs of any damage. Mine works fine with every type of ammo I've fired through it; about 8 different types. Bulk Federal and Winchester (I avoid the Remington due to prior experience) from WalMart makes it cheap to shoot.

I've seen the pictures referred to above -- while I doubt this is a pistol to leave to my grandkids, I'm not worried about shooting it.

The barrel is threaded and fitted with a cap -- I'm fairly certain that rules it out for CA. Maybe they'll offer a different barrel some day. The newer versions have a tac rail and cost a bit more.

I paid $325 plus tax & Brady theft for mine.