PDA

View Full Version : Where to get single shot exempt pistols in So Cal

Dhena81
12-23-2010, 6:17 PM
I'd like to get an HK45 and P30 in .40 and there are a few companies in northern California that sell them but I really don't want to make a 6 hour drive both ways to get a pistol. I live near Long Beach and would be down to drive even to San Diego nothing more than 2 hours but not Fresno or San Fransisco area.

user123
12-23-2010, 6:21 PM
Valkryie Arms in Milpitas will ship to a local FFL that is willing to accept singleshot conversions. Call them. There are no shops in socal as of now.

Speedpower
12-23-2010, 6:22 PM
I'd like to get an HK45 and P30 in .40 and there are a few companies in northern California that sell them but I really don't want to make a 6 hour drive both ways to get a pistol. I live near Long Beach and would be down to drive even to San Diego nothing more than 2 hours but not Fresno or San Fransisco area.

Buy it from whoever is selling the guns you want, then have them ship it to an FFL here in Southern California. ;)

Saigon1965
12-23-2010, 6:24 PM
The guns he is asking about are off-list - Have to do it FTF unless rendered as a single shot -

Buy it from whoever is selling the guns you want, then have them ship it to an FFL here in Southern California. ;)

OP - Check with Valkyrie or Tracy pistol - Both are 07 FFL and will take care of your needs -

ke6guj
12-23-2010, 6:24 PM

some of those NorCal vendors are unwilling to ship, so that won't work in many cases.

user123
12-23-2010, 6:25 PM
OP - Check with Valkyrie or Tracy pistol - Both are 07 FFL and will take care of your needs -

Valkryie is the only shop that ships... PRK and TRaP will not

Saigon1965
12-23-2010, 6:27 PM
Thanks I had thought Mike was shipping -

Valkryie is the only shop that ships... PRK and TRaP will not

user123
12-23-2010, 6:30 PM
Thanks I had thought Mike was shipping -

I called all 3 shops known to do the singleshot conversion last week. PRK and TRaP was only doing it in shop at the moment and Valkryie was willing to ship.

user123
12-23-2010, 6:34 PM
There really should be a sticky on the singleshot conversion... Maybe listing shops that do the conversion as well as FFLs that are willing to receive them. Also maybe a little write up on what the singleshot conversion is and the process to convert it back... This question comes up several times a week. On the plus side, answering questions about this is bumping up my post count:D

Dhena81
12-23-2010, 6:46 PM
Thanks guys I saw a thread about PRK doing there conversions but in it they said they didn't ship. Valkryie Arms doesn't really have a website I guess I'll have to give them a call I really didn't want to have to pay the transfer fee but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Saigon1965
12-23-2010, 6:53 PM
You'll be fine with Val - They charge MSRP unless it's something outrageous -

Saigon1965
12-23-2010, 6:53 PM
Damm skippy -

There really should be a sticky on the singleshot conversion... Maybe listing shops that do the conversion as well as FFLs that are willing to receive them. Also maybe a little write up on what the singleshot conversion is and the process to convert it back... This question comes up several times a week. On the plus side, answering questions about this is bumping up my post count:D

Theriverjustknows
12-23-2010, 8:19 PM
So Valkyrie will ship, but has anyone anyone in socal done this yet? I bet finding a willing FFL to receive it will be the hardest part. It was hard enough finding one that would accept an out of state intra-familial transfer.

Table Rock Arms
12-23-2010, 8:27 PM
I will ship them to SoCal. I only have a few done at the moment but am working on more as we speak. You can check out what I have at my website which you should find in the signature of this post. The way I do it, is I ship out the gun and then the customer ships my parts back, so if my parts are out, you would have to wait until they are returned. I have kits for Gen4 Glock 17,19,22,23, HKp30 in 9mm or .40 S&W, XDM in 9mm or .40 S&W, and 1911. I am working on HK45, Ruger LCP, Keltec PF9, Walther PPS, and FNP 45.

Ryan

BamBam-31
12-23-2010, 8:53 PM
Hey Ryan. Do you have parts for a 9mm 1911 (STI)? Thanks.

Saigon, does Valkyrie do the conversions themselves? Thanks.

Table Rock Arms
12-23-2010, 9:13 PM

Not currently, but I am looking into it as you are not the first person who has asked.

Ryan

user123
12-23-2010, 9:28 PM
So Valkyrie will ship, but has anyone anyone in socal done this yet? I bet finding a willing FFL to receive it will be the hardest part. It was hard enough finding one that would accept an out of state intra-familial transfer.

There are several. There is a post somewhere that has a list of the FFLs willing to receive them. I know for sure Straightline Tactical in Anaheim will do it.

Theriverjustknows
12-23-2010, 9:41 PM
There are several. There is a post somewhere that has a list of the FFLs willing to receive them. I know for sure Straightline Tactical in Anaheim will do it.

So you're telling me that Straightline will accept transfers of single shot exempt pistols? Anyone know when the open up after the holidays? I'd like to give them a call.

user123
12-23-2010, 9:48 PM
So you're telling me that Straightline will accept transfers of single shot exempt pistols? Anyone know when the open up after the holidays? I'd like to give them a call.

Yes they will accept singleshot, I know for sure they will. They will open on the 29th.

Table Rock Arms
12-23-2010, 9:52 PM
OC Armory will do them as well. I have not sent one there, but I have spoken with them and they said no problem.

Ryan

plan-b
12-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Valkyrie Arms does their own work. All their conversions are done in their own shop.

teIam
12-24-2010, 2:50 AM

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=365598

I'm in San Diego and did it.

If you have an FFL you like but they're not sure, have Valkyrie call them.

Cyc Wid It
12-24-2010, 4:36 AM

Yes Valkyrie does them in house. They also can do frames already and STI's are coming in.

docflash
12-24-2010, 8:50 AM
I'm bettiing that Rifle Gear in Costa Mesa will accept it for transfer as well. I had my Sig P556 pistol shipped there as a single shot.

762.DEFENSE
12-24-2010, 11:59 AM
I'd go through OC Armory. Great shop, and they have a good amount of single shot exempt handguns already in stock.

darkjedi351
01-02-2011, 6:37 PM
i'd like a hk p30LS in .40

i'm looking for a list of socal (ventura&L.A.) dealers that will do the transfer.