PDA

View Full Version : Big 5 Mosin Help

atto
12-23-2010, 9:41 AM
1944 Nagant with matching #s. Strong rifling and smooth action. Buy?

atto
12-23-2010, 10:03 AM
No maker on the reciever. Only one left... :p

rojocorsa
12-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Hell Yes. (This is a gun forum, what do you think we're going to say?)

rojocorsa
12-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Look for markings on the stock.

paul0660
12-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Izhevsk, arrow in a triangle, Tula, arrow in a star. Are you standing at the counter right now?

Flyin Brian
12-23-2010, 11:16 AM
If the bore looks good and the action is smooth then heck yeah, get it and have some fun!!

*BTW, a "nagant" is usually used to refer to the pistol of the same name.

rp55
12-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Yeah, just what did you think we would say?

http://xenohistorian.faithweb.com/russia/soviet-poster.jpg

MikeH1
12-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Hell Yes! If you don't get, I will. :chris:

rojocorsa
12-23-2010, 1:41 PM
Yeah, just what did you think we would say?

http://xenohistorian.faithweb.com/russia/soviet-poster.jpg

The bolt on that Mosin sniper looks like a terribly limp noodly appendage.

atto
12-23-2010, 2:45 PM

LOL

Ah well this bureaucracy is killing me.

They "need" 3 months worth of utility bills, when the state only requires that for handgun purchases.

I'm scrambling to print them out but I can't because the bills aren't in the database (we just moved here 3 months ago). I just contacted a Calguns member to see if I can just go that route.

What a pity... it was a really nice rifle, too.

Anchors
12-23-2010, 4:09 PM
LOL

Ah well this bureaucracy is killing me.

They "need" 3 months worth of utility bills, when the state only requires that for handgun purchases.

I'm scrambling to print them out but I can't because the bills aren't in the database (we just moved here 3 months ago). I just contacted a Calguns member to see if I can just go that route.

What a pity... it was a really nice rifle, too.

That isn't even a Big 5 policy. Call another store and ask them to call that store and inform them of procedure. I just bought a Mosin at Big 5 and all they asked for was my CA ID...

Oh and, in before the
http://i55.tinypic.com/2rrqrr4.jpg
:p

Flyin Brian
12-23-2010, 4:25 PM
That isn't even a Big 5 policy. Call another store and ask them to call that store and inform them of procedure. I just bought a Mosin at Big 5 and all they asked for was my CA ID...

The OP said he just moved, which would mean his CA ID doesn't have his current address on it.

rp55
12-23-2010, 5:54 PM

And here I was thinking it was sleek and sexy. Like Anna Chapman.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ahuvxRitU74/TMZOVK3VVtI/AAAAAAAASDA/SAYX8dzMbfI/s1600/anna-chapman-maxim-russia-03-480x615.jpg

Anchors
12-23-2010, 6:13 PM
The OP said he just moved, which would mean his CA ID doesn't have his current address on it.

Ah, good point.

vincentvangerven
12-23-2010, 6:41 PM
greencard holders need 3 monthly statements as well.... (like me)

Bigtwin
12-23-2010, 7:09 PM
Op; what model? I am assuming from the fact you said Big5 you do not mean a Nagant revolver, but a Mosin nagant rifle, but what one M38, M44, 91/30?

SoCal Bob
12-23-2010, 8:25 PM
Mosins are listed all the time in the Marketplace forum. Or, get your C&R FFL and have one mailed to your door.:D

atto
12-23-2010, 8:32 PM
Supposedly it's a 91/30 (as listed in the ad). I don't know for sure because I'm a MOSIN NAGANT MILITARY SURPLUS RIFLE newbie (hope I did it right this time :p ).

The guy said it was made in 1943... then in 1944, but I don't really care. I just want to shoot it.

... should I be looking for a specific model? There was only 1 rifle on the shelf, and I think I got lucky because everything seems to be in order. I don't feel like I have the luxury to go around looking for a specific year/model/maker.

Edit: Oh yeah, I wrote "Nagant" because I was on my phone at the time. It's a pain to spell out the whole name on a little keyboard.

Anchors
12-23-2010, 9:54 PM
Supposedly it's a 91/30 (as listed in the ad). I don't know for sure because I'm a MOSIN NAGANT MILITARY SURPLUS RIFLE newbie (hope I did it right this time :p ).

The guy said it was made in 1943... then in 1944, but I don't really care. I just want to shoot it.

... should I be looking for a specific model? There was only 1 rifle on the shelf, and I think I got lucky because everything seems to be in order. I don't feel like I have the luxury to go around looking for a specific year/model/maker.

Edit: Oh yeah, I wrote "Nagant" because I was on my phone at the time. It's a pain to spell out the whole name on a little keyboard.

Lol no worries at all man. I just like the picture it's funny. Don't mind if you call it a nagant.

Bigtwin
12-24-2010, 9:16 AM
Well I would say if you can provide the needed info to buy it, DO SO! Even if it isn't anything special, at $99, it is a great and inexpensive way to start a collection.:thumbsup:

Oh and you can use this website http://7.62x54r.net/ to find out about all the markings on the rifle.

NYY
12-31-2010, 6:06 PM
Yeah just bought mine today for $133.. (99 flat for rifle) plus DROS and tax...Bought the thing just to throw huge bullets down range ;)

cruddymutt
12-31-2010, 6:20 PM

Im kinda confused. I thought this was an M44 (side folding bayonet carbine) Mosin. If its a 1944 M91/30 then dont jump through hoops to get it, they are very common. Also Big 5 gets shipments every Thursday. Lastly, just because they have one left on the rack doesnt mean they dont have 10 more in the back. Ask to see them all. I have found ex-snipers and an MO double date Tula at my local big 5, all of them in the back.
I even found a 1947 Izzy at my local Big 5 but it had been turned into a fake PU sniper.

EDIT-I just read the OP and I must have assumed it was an M44. Swore I saw that but I guess not.

hypnoman
01-01-2011, 9:35 AM
I second that . . . sometimes the ones in the back are real gems! They can only put so many out on the rack . . . most don't mind letting you "hand pick" though their whole inventory . . . take your time and buy only the one you like!