PDA

View Full Version : Great Story, not in Cali Though

swrdply400mrelay
12-23-2010, 7:46 AM
A great story with a Beretta, although not in Cali:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7350690.html

Edit: Make a donation for this guy's medical bills. Even though I'm a student still, I donated a little bit:

http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo

00BuckShot
12-23-2010, 7:53 AM
Dupe story but that was a great article. Thanks! Very vivid imagery.

zdragon
12-23-2010, 7:58 AM
Houston Chronical knows how to write a shootout story.

Capt_Communist
12-23-2010, 7:58 AM
Shoot 'em whoop

map
12-23-2010, 7:59 AM
wow. this is a great story. thanks for sharing.

morrcarr67
12-23-2010, 8:09 AM
Great read. Glad the good guy will be OK. :angel:

k1dude
12-23-2010, 8:21 AM
I'll have to donate to cover his medical bills through the link at the bottom of the article.

scarville
12-23-2010, 9:31 AM
I've occasionally opined that if a citizen shoots a criminal in the act and the inquest determines it was a "good" shooting, the citizen should be rewarded. How much money did Mr. Castillo save the taxpayers that day? How may other citizens were spared being terrorized and killed by the three thugs he shot?

In the long run it is a good thing he feels remorse for what he did. That shows he is a civilized man. I hope he comes to accept that life is what it is and sometimes you just get stuck with the duty.

Gary13
12-23-2010, 9:41 AM
When looking at the donation site, it is pleasing to see the amount of support that they are receiving, both in words and dollars. I fear that that would not happen hear. I hope he recovers from his wounds and learns to accept that he had no choice.

.40Cal
12-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Truly acted as a hero, under stress. Taking the other guy's gun and shooting back with no guns of your own, and making way to a shotgun, was quite heroic.

evolixsurf
12-23-2010, 11:20 AM
I made a small donation. F$&* those robbers.

ap3572001
12-23-2010, 11:39 AM
The guy is a HERO!!! Saved Taxpayers money too!!!! My kind of a guy!!!!

I wish more people had CCW's and were trained how to use their stuff!!!! Thats justice!!!!

Barkoff
12-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Truly acted as a hero, under stress. Taking the other guy's gun and shooting back with no guns of your own, and making way to a shotgun, was quite heroic.

It was the other guys 9mm? I read it as it was his own..I guess the way it is written it could be either. I took it as said store owner had a 9mm in the back of his pants.

Then this guy went to tie up my dad. He got a tie strap on my dad's left hand. When this guy took my dad's right hand and pulled it behind him, my dad reached for his gun behind his back."
'God was there'

As the other two robbers were still in the front of the store, Castillo, an avid hunter, whipped his hand around the front of his body, pointed the 9 mm Beretta behind him toward the robber and pulled the trigger all while keeping his eyes ahead, watching for the other two men in the showroom.

"He shot him in the eye. That guy died instantly," his son said.

Uriah02
12-23-2010, 12:04 PM
It was the other guys 9mm? I read it as it was his own..I guess the way it is written it could be either. I took it as said store owner had a 9mm in the back of his pants.

That would be that much more incredible if he indeed did disarm the BG and defend himself and his wife!

ZX-10R
12-23-2010, 1:38 PM
3 dead criminal...Win for everyone.

redtofu
12-23-2010, 1:43 PM
WOW...head shot(9mm to the eye, saw off shotgun to the face of the other two) is the way to go, save taxpayers a lot of money.

tiger222
12-23-2010, 1:46 PM
That guy is a real hero. I'm sorry he went through such an event. But he can look himself in the mirror every morning and know he is a good man.

Sinister_1
12-23-2010, 1:55 PM
3 dead criminal...Win for everyone.

+10000

rascalgto
12-23-2010, 2:33 PM
Wow, i hope he comes out on top of this, i made a small donation to help him out.

swrdply400mrelay
12-23-2010, 4:00 PM
Edited the OP for the link for donations. Thought that might make it easier for you guys to donate. :)

anto
12-23-2010, 4:22 PM
WOW. Great story. Hope everything turns out well for the family!

dunndeal
12-23-2010, 4:24 PM
Edited the OP for the link for donations. Thought that might make it easier for you guys to donate. :)

Thanks for making it easy to donate.

Jeepeater
12-23-2010, 8:03 PM
I have zero sympathy for the crooks-they got exactly what they deserved. I'm a believer in street justice. No 3 hot meals, beds, education or anything else fun for those wastes of life. Good riddance.

I feel horrible for the store owner. He's going to have some therapy in front of him to untie some knots.

Initially I purchased guns because they are great fun-even therapeutic in a strange way. It wasn't until somewhat recently that I considered the possibility that I might need a gun to protect myself or my family. I hope I never have to find out what it's like to use a gun in defense of myself.

The lotto is at 168 million tomorrow. I'll pick up every cent of every bill his family has and buy them health insurance for the rest of their lives if I hit it. Until then, I can only offer a small donation. I'm on my way to do that now.

hcbr
12-23-2010, 9:27 PM
great story! that man is a hero and those crooks deserved it!

MarioS
12-23-2010, 9:41 PM
I hope he understands that he did what he needed to do. He was a man and protected his family. Terrible he had to be shot doing so but he put bullets where they needed to go. I hope he understands that over time and sleeps well at night.

glock7
12-24-2010, 12:14 PM
He sounds like a good man. He's definitely a good shot. 3 bad guys gone...

gatdammit
12-24-2010, 8:59 PM
Anti's ready? He should just called 911 and waited for the police... j/k The article read like a Steven Segal movie.

magic32
12-25-2010, 5:53 AM
so shot placement wins again.....

mnh327
12-25-2010, 6:08 AM
Anyone feel like some of the parts were made up?

I mean, I'm glad him and his family came out ok. If he was any more lucky, those robbers never would have entered his shop. As it is, he's got a lot to deal with.

But at the same time, this reads more like a movie script. I mean, really. After many shots fired, from him, and at him, indoors, and he was still able to hear the 'click' of a dry-fire when one of the bad guys ran out of ammo? Really?

avu3
12-25-2010, 7:28 AM
The subconscious and memory both work in really strange ways when you're in extreme situations. Its entirely possible those things are completely true, and would be different from person to person. If you haven't been there, best not to judge.

Best to just be appreciative that the right guy won, that he's going to survive, and won't be further tortured by the justice system for surviving.

S