PDA

View Full Version : Safe moving in riverside.

guntntteacher
12-23-2010, 12:34 AM
Any body know a good safe mover in riverside.? Preferably not a parolie or felon. Been thinking of having a 850lb sturdy delivered, but I need it inside.

CGT80
12-25-2010, 3:52 PM
Wish I could help you. I have thought about the same thing as I have also been looking at Sturdy safes. I live in the general area. I thought about using pipes, golf balls, furniture dolly's, etc. and the help of about 4 friends.

Let us know how you like your safe when you get it and if you came up with any good ideas or companies for moving one.

Good luck

georound1
12-25-2010, 8:25 PM
I had a neighbor, who is a contractor, help me move my new safe. He had a truck, his own dolly. and a guy that he has worked with for years (non-felon type!). Professional movers started at nearly $400 bucks due to some stairs. Lots of the contractor types are having a hard time making ends meet in this economy, so cash is king, especially around Christmas.
It cost me $80 dollars after everything was said and done.
That being said....850 lbs is a big safe and if someone gets hurt it'd be nice if they have their own insurance.
Good luck.

gravedigger
12-25-2010, 9:31 PM
Any body know a good safe mover in riverside.? Preferably not a parolie or felon. Been thinking of having a 850lb sturdy delivered, but I need it inside.

Call my friend Al at 760-613-7528 (SoCal Cycle Transport)

He has the perfect rig for moving a safe, and he is trustworthy. He just moved a safe for another calgunner, and it worked out great! He also moved my safe to Los Angeles.

http://socalcycletransport.com/

mprahm
12-26-2010, 2:03 PM
The "Safe Outlet" in Temecula will do it for you. I would suggest you take a look at what they have for sale first before buying the Sturdy, not knocking them but the guys at Safe Outlet have some of the best brand of safes on the market as well.

Safe Outlet
951 506 6899

Desert_Rat
12-27-2010, 10:56 AM
These are something like the guys who delivered My safe used. They ain't cheap though.
http://www.rigging.com/shop/index.php?target=categories&category_id=30

wellerjohn
12-27-2010, 11:29 AM
The guys that installed mine which is huge 6x4x2 used a good sized dolley to get into the house, after that they set it on a moving blanket and dragged it fairly easy into the room... was not that big of a job.