PDA

View Full Version : Is this the correct 03 FFL application form?

Eroland7
12-23-2010, 12:24 AM
I've read all sorts of posts about people sending in the wrong form or the old form. Is this the correct form? I can just print it out and send it in with the fee correct? Thanks.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5310-16.pdf

Anchors
12-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Yes, but I read somewhere that you must have a real green copy from them nowadays. Could have been FUD though, so don't take my word on it.

I ordered form the ATF and it took forever so I tried this.
Called the local field office and asked them to mail one out.
The lady was very nice and accommodating and I had it in about a week.

Make sure you cut up your credit cards :D

Eroland7
12-23-2010, 1:09 AM
Ya thats what I remember hearing to. People saying that you needed a hard copy of the form mailed to you... That's what I was unclear about.

SkyStorm82
12-23-2010, 7:14 AM
Why would they have that PDF on their website for you to fill out if they needed the green one too?

IEShooter
12-23-2010, 7:45 AM
I've read all sorts of posts about people sending in the wrong form or the old form. Is this the correct form? I can just print it out and send it in with the fee correct? Thanks.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5310-16.pdf

ATF's website is up to date. That's the correct form and the one I used a few months ago. Got my license in just over 3 weeks.

Enjoy!!!!

morrcarr67
12-23-2010, 8:10 AM
ATF is weird. A long time ago you could fill out the form online hit print and then send it via the mail; that's how I got my 1st license 12 years ago. Then for some reason they sad no more; you have to have our green form mailed out to you. then about 4 months ago; right after I applied for my new NV license, they said OK you can fill out the form online , hit print and send it into us. Go figure. :)

trautert
12-23-2010, 9:27 AM
This one isn't the ATF's fault. A long time ago all forms were available for online ordering from the Govt. Printing Office (GPO). Then someone got upset because the application didn't address citizenship, so a new form was added. Then printing and shipping contractors got behind, and the delay in delivery of ordered forms came about. At that point, someone on Calguns put a PDF app online. For a while, ATF would accept it, then send an actual form to be sent in as followup. Then they quit accepting that PDF form. Finally, they got their own PDF up online.

Not strange and mysterious ways; typical government bureaucratic molasses movement.