PDA

View Full Version : My Xmas present! 27-2 3.5 inch

shooting4life
12-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Just got this home in time for Christmas. Wife got it for me. It is a 27-2 with a 3.5 inch barrel. The gun is like new and has had maybe a couple of cylinders full of ammo through it at the most. It came with the factory box, papers and cleaning kit. Switched the target grips out for a set of kurac ebony coke profile grips.
http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu30/shooting4life/eeefd85b.jpg
http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu30/shooting4life/d58510bf.jpg
I love it. Paid 950 so it did not come cheap but it was worth it.

Miltiades
12-23-2010, 8:41 AM
Nice grips! Nice gun!

Capt Jack
12-23-2010, 9:52 AM
Merry Christmas indeed! She is beautiful, congrats. I dropped many hints about wanting a shotgun for Christmas this year, and all I can say is my wife is really good at psyching me out to make me think I'm not getting one...so I conducted a full forensic audit of our finances to see if I could catch where she pulled the $$ to buy it for me and I couldn't find it!

I have had to draw the inevitable conclusion about this...she is damn good about hiding $$! :rolleyes:

zdragon
12-23-2010, 9:55 AM
pinned barrel and recessed cylinders...congrats.

chickenfried
12-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Wife did some good christmas shopping sure beats a pair of fleece slippers.

battleship
12-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Ok so you live in San Bruno so were did you find this 27-2 finding one with a 3 inch barrel in that condition is not easy. $950 Thats not bad at all the price for these in this state is only going to go up i paid $1500 for a mint nickel 27-2 in that barrel length worth everypenny.
Wow and your wife got you it you must of dropped some major hints or she,s one hell off a S&W expert and knows her guns.
I dont even see a cylinder ring what a score.
Congrats shes a beauty.

Sky_DiveR
12-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Major Congrats! Nice gun and grips. Somebody's having a very Merry Christmas. :thumbsup:

igorts
12-23-2010, 11:05 AM
nice gun and WIFE!

.40Cal
12-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Merry Christmas indeed! She is beautiful, congrats. I dropped many hints about wanting a shotgun for Christmas this year, and all I can say is my wife is really good at psyching me out to make me think I'm not getting one...so I conducted a full forensic audit of our finances to see if I could catch where she pulled the $$ to buy it for me and I couldn't find it!

I have had to draw the inevitable conclusion about this...she is damn good about hiding $$! :rolleyes:

That's a beautiful gun! Totally a collectors item, worth keeping LIFETIME...and so is the WIFE!

Jack, that's amazing. I am simply speachless.... Some of you guys are very lucky to have such Guns.... Sorry, I meant such WIVES... :D

Merry Christmas... :p

shooting4life
12-23-2010, 12:17 PM
I found this one on gunbroker and contacted the seller and the rest is history. Wife got a sapphire ring for her Xmas present. Now we just both go shopping with the other person so we both get what we want. She says she wants something and I take out the ATM card, I find a gun I want then I get cash for the purchase. I think I got the better end of the deal this year though.
The gun still has what appears to be the factory grease in it. Can hardly push the latch forward to unlock the cylinder it is so sticky.

Mr. Beretta
12-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Excellent gun!

Worth every penny.

Congrats!

battleship
12-23-2010, 1:07 PM
So the seller was in California, wouldnt you have to do a PPT for this gun.

shooting4life
12-23-2010, 1:13 PM
I did ppt it

battleship
12-23-2010, 1:17 PM
Then lucky you for finding this beauty in CA that does not come around to often.
Ive scoped many of these out on Gunbroker in the past and never saw one from this state or this area.
Christmas 2010 will be hard to top.