PDA

View Full Version : Glock guys: New G19, scratches on trigger bar

sd_shooter
12-22-2010, 2:38 PM
Glock experts, help!

Just picked up my G19 yesterday. I won't have time to go shooting this week (must spend Christmas at home, of course) so I spent some time dry firing it.

Took it apart just to see how the trigger parts were beginning to break in. I saw some unexpected scratches on the trigger bar, right in the middle of the "+" shaped piece at the back of the gun. I searched every website looking for mention of something like this and none of the pics online had something similar.

Tonight I will post pics from my gun, but for now I just took a photo and added markings in red where the scratches are:
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq195/sd_shooter_photos/trigger_bar.jpg

I've looked at the various "25 cent trigger job" pics and videos, and none of them indicate any wear or interference at this particular location.

What's going on? Is this normal?

RollingCode3
12-22-2010, 2:43 PM
Is this a brand new Glock 19? I wouldn't worry about it. Do a 25 cent trigger job on it and it will smooth everything out.

XDRoX
12-22-2010, 2:48 PM
I just looked at two of mine. They both had scratches as well. It's normal. Enjoy.

sd_shooter
12-22-2010, 2:56 PM
Is this a brand new Glock 19? I wouldn't worry about it. Do a 25 cent trigger job on it and it will smooth everything out.

I just looked at two of mine. They both had scratches as well. It's normal. Enjoy.

Great! Thanks for the quick reply. I'll Flitz the heck out of it, fully expecting it to be like butter when I'm done! :whistling: