PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17 RTF 2 slides

Sturnovik
12-22-2010, 12:20 PM
I was wondering, are the Glock RTF 2's (crescent moon serrations) slides compatible with my standard new Glock 17 gen 3? Are they easy to get?

willm952
12-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Yes they should be. There were only cosmetic changes and no functional changes like in the gen 4 models. Still gen 3 frame and internals.

nrakid88
12-22-2010, 12:26 PM
I am not too sure how easy they are to get, seems the gen3 rtf's don't even come with the cresent slides anymore. Happy I got mine when I did, definately grew on me. My square gun now has som feng sheu

cineski
12-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Heh, I'd love a Gen 3 RTF w/ the straight serrations. The crescent shaped serrations are pointed the wrong way to be useful.

Sturnovik
12-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Well, I mean I just got my Glock set up and added decal grip to it but frankly I like the look of the crescent ones. And just from the looks I would think they'd be easier to grip too. I thought the gen 3 RTF 2's were separate from the regular gen 3 line? I have the standard straight serrations which I can live with but I'd love to pick up another slide so I can go back and forth.

stormy_clothing
12-22-2010, 2:51 PM
the crescent shapes were function that lost out to straight form kinda sad that people are such image whores I'm sure they will try again something like diagonal 1911 serrations ect

this is the one I couldnt figure out

http://www.airsoftpost.com/images/large/GP_WE_KnightHawk_lg.jpg

Vanilla Gorilla
12-22-2010, 3:10 PM
the crescent shapes were function that lost out to straight form kinda sad that people are such image whores I'm sure they will try again something like diagonal 1911 serrations ect

:rofl2: it looks like a golf ball must be for those high speed low drag guys

tbhracing
12-22-2010, 3:22 PM
Heh, I'd love a Gen 3 RTF w/ the straight serrations. The crescent shaped serrations are pointed the wrong way to be useful.

You just took the exact words out of my mouth! I was at River City Guns today fondling the RTF and the Gen 4. (they have them there)

Bottom line for me- Get a RTF bottom and put my old Gen. 3 slide on the top. I wonder if you can by Glock lowers on Gun Broker?

LOVE the tacky RTF.

HATE the fish gills on the slide.

:chris:

himurax13
12-22-2010, 3:38 PM

The dimples are there to help create lift, after the weapon has run out of ammo or jammed, and it is being thrown at the target. :D

Actually, I kind of like it. :confused:

ajaffe
12-22-2010, 4:11 PM

Have you ever cycled one? The serrations are definitely going the right way. The tip portion of the crescent digs into your hand as you pull on them. The other way around would promote slippage if your fingers are too big or do not hit the angled portion just right.

Sturnovik
12-22-2010, 5:46 PM
Yea I mean I haven't picked up a RTF2 to be honest, but I mean it looked like those crescents were in the right direction.

Me1
12-22-2010, 5:53 PM
Have you ever cycled one? The serrations are definitely going the right way. The tip portion of the crescent digs into your hand as you pull on them. The other way around would promote slippage if your fingers are too big or do not hit the angled portion just right.

So true, I have a G17RTF2 with "gills" and it sticks to my hand like glue. RTF2 was created for SOCOM, not image conscious keyboard commandos with baby butt hand.

Don the savage
12-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Just bought one and have put 500 rounds through it in 3 days( vacation rocks) love it. Texture is far superior to my 21 and the slide serrations work for me. Of course I'm not looking at them. I'm too busy with the sights.

l8apex
12-22-2010, 11:55 PM

Thats a KAC package deal, sweet set up. I like it. Check it at the link below.

http://www.knightarmco.com/knighthawk/

RTF works well for me, serrations are an improvement. As someone already stated, lost out to form.

Sturnovik
12-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Just bought one and have put 500 rounds through it in 3 days( vacation rocks) love it. Texture is far superior to my 21 and the slide serrations work for me. Of course I'm not looking at them. I'm too busy with the sights.

That's good to hear. I'm totally the same though, function comes first and rounds down range on target. I'm not buying it simply because I think it looks cool, but because it's a slight improvement to me over the standard straight serrations.

tbhracing
12-23-2010, 1:17 PM
That's good to hear. I'm totally the same though, function comes first and rounds down range on target. I'm not buying it simply because I think it looks cool, but because it's a slight improvement to me over the standard straight serrations.

Ok, please help me out here then. I LOVE the feel of the RTF, but my fingers do not grip the fish gills slide that well.

So I am 1 for 2 here and would like the best of both worlds. Yes, I love function over looks as well.

So what do I do? Buy the 17 RTF and use and old slide and a new lower?

Jeeper
12-23-2010, 4:15 PM
Oh well, I bought my RTF 17 because it looks cool, nothing wrong with that. I like the gills. It's my third glock and it sticks to my hand better that the other Glocks. The slide's shark gills sold me on it, but the tight grip of the frame's dots keep me on target. The RTF was the first Glock for me that brought visual interest to a relatively mundane and ugly tool.

Good looks in a handgun, will keep many gun companies in business. And there are some beautiful handguns out there. But the Glocks are a different story; I would have no issues with throwing one in a toolbox with my wrenches and screw drivers. Leave it there and pull it out only to run a oil swab thru the barrel once a year. I have no other guns that I would treat so poorly.

My point is, it's ugly, but it's a very reliable tool. If it's primarily beauty that you want, maybe the Glock isn't the best choice.