PDA

View Full Version : Modify a single stack AK mag to fit an NDS-1/3

diddler
07-23-2006, 6:04 PM
All,

Anyone know what it would take to modify a single stack mag to fit a standard (double stack) AKM receiver, such as an NDS-1 or NDS-3?

Trying to figure out if you can do it just by modifying the magazine itself, and not the receiver or mag release.

Any ideas?

Ryan

JHC
07-23-2006, 6:17 PM
I'm not sure but on the AK forums they have instructions to do the opposite

diddler
07-23-2006, 6:28 PM
Yeah, I've read those instructions. Seems like its mostly cutting a bigger hole in the bottom of the receiver.

After reading that I'm hoping that all I'd need to do is build up the top of the single stack mag to fill the larger hole in the standard receiver.

Ryan

JHC
07-23-2006, 6:39 PM
You could always sacrafice the top of a double stack and weld it to your single.

diddler
07-23-2006, 6:52 PM
You could always sacrafice the top of a double stack and weld it to your single.

......an option I had not considered. Hmmmm, gets me to thinkin....

Guess I'll have to pick up one of each.

Thanks!

Ryan

TheMan
07-23-2006, 7:26 PM
Just curious, why do you want to do this?

diddler
07-23-2006, 9:05 PM
Just curious, why do you want to do this?

I'm trying to reverse engineer the rear loading AK magazine that they're using on the CAK-147. We've been tossing around ideas on another thread here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=37512

Following my current line of thought, I'm thinking that a single stack mag would make it easier to load cartridges without them getting all bound up like they would in the loose interior of a double stack mag.

Any thoughts on either of these threads would be appreciated!

Ryan