PDA

View Full Version : wanting to go blm shooting

Ls1FALimpala
12-21-2010, 2:11 PM
hopefully this is the correct section ifnot please move thanks!

anyhow i am wanting to go shooting at a blm location most likely the barstow one. but i have a few questions can i take a car that has no oils,glass to shoot at it?? thanks in advance!!!

Donny1
12-21-2010, 3:42 PM
Confused. Are you going to trailer a vehicle out there to shoot at? I'm not positive but I think you can shoot any kind of targets you want, but I just take my target stands and home made silhouettes. :rolleyes:

Ron-Solo
12-21-2010, 4:00 PM
Anything you take with you to shoot, take it home afterwards.

Ls1FALimpala
12-21-2010, 4:01 PM
yes correct i plan to trailer a junk car outthere to shoot at it. i just want to be sure dont want a planned fun day to turnout into something bad.

also i have a utv that i want to use but there only allowed on ohv land right?

PsychGuy274
12-21-2010, 4:04 PM
hopefully this is the correct section ifnot please move thanks!

anyhow i am wanting to go shooting at a blm location most likely the barstow one. but i have a few questions can i take a car that has no oils,glass to shoot at it?? thanks in advance!!!

If you bring it out there, you take it back when you leave.

sevensix2x51
12-21-2010, 5:57 PM
last time i went to a blm spot, which are becoming pretty sparse in san diego, one of the good, easy spots that has always stayed pretty clean was littered with an old stove, a bunch of pallets and random garbage, and some jerry brown lawn signs. i was ready to scream at someone. if anybody reading this left that crap there, i hope you sit on a tack and it gives you tetanus and hepatitis.

please keep our blm clean. you dont want tetanus or hepatitis, do you?

(no offense to any unfortunate soul who actually has the hepatitis illness)

msand951
12-21-2010, 6:04 PM
im in Hemet area near Bee Canyon . But i aso want to find a place to shoot at least farther than 75 to 100yrds.

rod
12-22-2010, 5:39 AM
im in Hemet area near Bee Canyon . But i aso want to find a place to shoot at least farther than 75 to 100yrds.

It's been a few years since I've been to Bee Canyon, but if you go further up the trail, there's places you can shoot a lot further than 100 yds and little to no trash. There's even a campground towards the top of the trail.

Eat Dirt
12-22-2010, 6:18 AM
It's been a few years since I've been to Bee Canyon, but if you go further up the trail, there's places you can shoot a lot further than 100 yds and little to no trash. There's even a campground towards the top of the trail.

The rangers want to keep shooters in the lower canyons
No more shooting at Shotgun Flats ( large dirt pad ) and beyond
( They have had some had some problems with the Rez nearby )

rod
12-22-2010, 7:04 AM
The rangers want to keep shooters in the lower canyons
No more shooting at Shotgun Flats ( large dirt pad ) and beyond
( They have had some had some problems with the Rez nearby )

That's too bad. Those lower canyons get crowded and are full of trash. When I was growing up in Hemet (Diamond Valley), we could shoot out at Red Mountain Road. I even hunted dove on the back 40 at the Thoroughbred farm on Vista/State.

Eat Dirt
12-22-2010, 9:42 AM
That's too bad. Those lower canyons get crowded and are full of trash. When I was growing up in Hemet (Diamond Valley), we could shoot out at Red Mountain Road. I even hunted dove on the back 40 at the Thoroughbred farm on Vista/State.

HEY ,,,,, The place I used to hunt with the Domenigoni's in underwater !!!

It's called Diamond Valley Lake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rod
12-22-2010, 10:28 AM
HEY ,,,,, The place I used to hunt with the Domenigoni's in underwater !!!

It's called Diamond Valley Lake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was some good yote hunting grounds there. Killed many dogs out by the chicken farms.