PDA

View Full Version : any shotgun parts vendors on site?

Socal858
07-22-2006, 4:06 PM
newbie with questions, please bear with me

i have a 12 gauge 870 express at the moment, wood on blue factory everything. its my current trap gun but as they are so modular id like to keep some parts on it for home defense, like a speedforce stock, shorter 18-20" barrel, and magazine extender

are there any merchants wtih websites on this board? id rather help out a small business than dump my money into a wholesaler

please let me know, id welcome any advice and pointers

SFV_Dealer
07-27-2006, 9:51 AM
There is a dealer in the South bay: 2nd Amendment that stocks lots of shotgun stuff - mostly Mossberg & Remington.

Call: DAVE @ (310) 376-0589

You can get a riot barrel for the Remington -just be specific about the 4 digit model number and I can get one for you. Back in the 90's I used to fully deck out and make tactical shotguns custom for clients of mine - the best was the Marine Magnum 870 w/ nickel finish and MMC tritium sights, Speedfeed P/G, Sidesaddle round holder, extended safety head, reinforced follower, 10%+ Wolff springs, extended feed ramp, etc...

As for your Express, you may not be able to extend the mag tube w/ extension because of dimples in the mag tube preventing this option. Youll have to drill it out so that the follower can push above that restriction.

I believe the Express has a different stock bolt (early ones did, don't know about now) and will not take the LE stuff (folding 870 & P/G stocks from Speedfeed). You'll have to ask the folks that make the Speedfeed stocks...

Socal858
07-27-2006, 11:53 PM
thanks again!

by the way, just out of curiosity, do you carry the green remington 870s with the pistol grip stock and extender? i figured to convert my current 870 to tactical id have to spend around 200 in parts (and id still have to drill it). . ive heard of some places carrying the 870 tactical for 300-350 bucks . . would it be worth it just to get a separate gun for HD needs?

CalNRA
07-28-2006, 12:20 AM
would it be worth it just to get a separate gun for HD needs?

what kind of stupid A#$ question is that? of course it's worth it to have another gun....:rolleyes: :p

SFV_Dealer
07-28-2006, 9:27 AM
I can get almost anything as a dealer. I am not aware of a green Remington grip/stock. I always put on the SpeedFeed stocks for my custom shotgun configurations.

IMO: As for a different gun, get a real Police 870 or Magnum model - stay away from the Express/HD models that have been civillianized...

Socal858
07-28-2006, 11:38 AM
what kind of stupid A#$ question is that? of course it's worth it to have another gun....:rolleyes: :p

hey now dude . .

stop reinforcing my bad spending habits :D

Socal858
07-28-2006, 11:41 AM
I can get almost anything as a dealer. I am not aware of a green Remington grip/stock. I always put on the SpeedFeed stocks for my custom shotgun configurations.

IMO: As for a different gun, get a real Police 870 or Magnum model - stay away from the Express/HD models that have been civillianized...

sorry SFV_Dealer , i meant the tactical ones that have the green barrell and mag tube with black action and speedfeed stock. ive heard of them being as cheap as 325 up to 600 . . im rather confused. im looking for a police, tactical, or magnum model at a reasonable price, unless you ahve a cost effective custom solution :)

i already have my civilianized 870 express . . i think ill just leave it and its 28" barrel alone for trap shooting, at which it excels at wtih a turkey choke :p

this is just speculative, but i am spending the summer in texas, if in case i were to buy a shotgun off of you we'd have to FFL it to a dealer in texas LOL . . i think that would be the first case of buying a shotgun in CA and having it transfered out to a free state AHAHAH :D