PDA

View Full Version : When will the FOR SALE forums be back?

Santa Cruz Armory
07-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Hey Ramon~

The announcement section hasn't been updated in a while. I was hoping we could get an update on the FS forum.

Thanks

Boomer1961
07-22-2006, 3:31 PM
Hey Ramon~

The announcement section hasn't been updated in a while. I was hoping we could get an update on the FS forum.

Thanks

30 days and out I think is the rule.

Since it has been this way for 30 days then that means the for sale section is TOAST/HISTORY/KAPOOT.

The jackbooted gungrabbers have one another victory by the looks of things if there can be alleged liability of the internet allowing two people to talk and communicate desires to sell or buy.

I wish these same folks would concentrate on corrupt campaign contributions and forbid any form of communication to raise money or transfer money and most of all they should pass a law that says every lawmaker must allow his office and freezer to be freely searched. Never know when you might find some $100,000 pop cycles in that freezer now.

More importantly the gun grabbing organizations should have the same done to their freedom of speech by stopping their ability to raise money for those $200,000 a year jobs.

TAKE CARE EVERYONE!

HillBilly
07-24-2006, 6:26 AM
I guess I missed the thread where it was described as to why every other gun board on the net can have a buy/sell forum and we can't.

Does anyone know what is up with that?:confused:

lorykb
07-24-2006, 6:59 AM
Hillbilly-

Would it be out of bounds to simply ask- Ramon, what happened to change your policy, and is there something we the membership can do to help reverse it ?
My first post, hope it's okay to ask. I've been a reader lurking here for a little while, finally enlisted.

jmlivingston
07-24-2006, 7:02 AM
Ramon only put out a very short statement when he took it offline, and hasn't publically said much about it since. I'm hoping it's coming back soon, I really miss it! Hopefully he can keep some of the commercial guys off it, there were a few guys with 50 or 60 posts and every one of them was an add in the sale forums. (mostly accessories, however)

At this point, I'd even be real happy with just a more descriptive explanation of what's going on.

John

lorykb
07-24-2006, 7:44 AM
Jeez, we could probably all speculate until our heads exploded.
Any chance on just appealing to Ramon to simply post the answer ??
Would that be too direct ?

I might have an idea why.

How about that since this board is based in calif and or are the other gun boards based in Calif ?

IS ARF.com (as some of you like to call it) based in Calif ?

I dont think Falfiles is based in Calif.

Maybe he received pressure from DOJ ?

doj might think those within california would bypass the FFL in a P 2 P transfer ? this did become a law in what 90-91 area.

RRangel
07-24-2006, 8:28 AM
Sometimes people can't even have normal discussion without things getting out of hand. Talk about a problem. If it were you you may think differently. Why take that chance? It's not that simple.

HillBilly
07-24-2006, 9:12 AM
I wasn't being sarcastic in my first post...I hope it dodnt come off like that. I was just asking what the deal with other sites is, and how are they avoiding pressure? For some reason, and I am probably completely wrong, I thought arfcom was at least started in CA?

Doesn't matter, but would moving our servers out of state make a difference?

It is just hard to fathom what the issue is. People buy and sell guns on craigslist!

Also, I would imagine that if one wanted to engage in an illegal purchase, Calguns is NOT the place to make that happen. We are perhaps the most legal minded, if not paranoid, bunch of folks around. I have seen posts where even a rookie asking about something grey area gets slammed for it. I doubt there are parking lot deals going on here, but who knows?

More stolen cars are sold or shady deals done in a week on auto trader than ever on our site...why not stop them as well?

m1371
07-24-2006, 12:14 PM
doj might think those within california would bypass the FFL in a P 2 P transfer ? this did become a law in what 90-91 area.

Care to explain how the ForSale forums would in any way aid in bypassing an FFL when doing a person-to-person transfer?

Kestryll
07-24-2006, 12:16 PM
I have NO information and anything I type is just my speculation so don't read any more into it.

That said I would guess that other sites were not the origin and nexus of the whole OLL event. This and some members posting personal info about Govt. personnel may have drawn more attention to Calguns then other sites.

All of what occurs here can be brought back to bear on Ramon, in the end he IS the owner. If something were to go wrong or someone were to do somehing dumb this could reflect back on Calguns and thus directly to Ramon. I'm sure we all know that DOJ is aware of this site and posibly reading it regularly.

Simply put, once you have the lion's attention it's best not to poke it with a stick.

I assume that the For Sale forums will be back when you see them at the bottom and not until then. For now let's just enjoy the site we have.

fal_762x51
07-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Ramon,

Create a C&R sell forum only; anyone that posts a non C&R for sale, boot them. I'm more of a C&R guy myself so I would benefit, but the wallet wouldn't.

-Pat

grammaton76
07-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Hmm. So it sounds kinda like bit torrent for guns. Sure, the torrent tracker doesn't hold onto any of the data, but the RIAA/MPAA still like to harrass torrent tracker sites anyway.

Santa Cruz Armory
07-24-2006, 2:33 PM
Hmm. So it sounds kinda like bit torrent for guns. Sure, the torrent tracker doesn't hold onto any of the data, but the RIAA/MPAA still like to harrass torrent tracker sites anyway.

Was he speaking a foreign language?? :confused: "what the hell did you just say?" (quote from some Jackie Chan movie)

megavolt121
07-24-2006, 6:08 PM
Was he speaking a foreign language?? :confused: "what the hell did you just say?" (quote from some Jackie Chan movie)

Bit Torrent is a peer to peer file sharing protocol/program/call it what you want. The torrent server itself doesn't store the file, only a locator. You download the locator which ends up telling you where to download the actual file from.

HillBilly
07-25-2006, 1:04 PM
Bit Torrent is also probably 80% or more a method for software and music piracy (not that I am a fan of the RIAA or anything). ;)

In other words, Bit Torrent allows illegal activity on a near constant basis, where I feel Calguns has been a beacon of legal California firearms ownership. I doubt anyone was making parking lot deals via our forum.