View Full Version : hammerli 22sa?

12-20-2010, 5:24 PM
A neat looking marlin/10/22 patterned semi w/ 17 rd tube magazine. I cant find any price or dealer info though.

12-20-2010, 5:32 PM
I have one. If you are thinking of buying one and are in the LA area PM me. Its not 10/22 or Marlin patterned at all. Complete different operating system. :)

12-20-2010, 8:13 PM
thanks for the offer but I was just putting this up for discussion as I know nothing about it and never hear it mentioned.

12-21-2010, 3:23 AM
They are made in Mexico. The action is a round type except that it is bent from a flat that extends down like ears to contain the trigger group and ammo lifter. The action has a central large rod that has the bolt around it and the recoil spring behind that. Sort of a bolt on a stick. The trigger group has only three parts so simple that the disconnect doesn't catch on low velocity ammo and it doubles. The safety is a lever on the rear of the action taking out the pin lets the action come apart. No tools needed. The barrel is very thin and sights are decent rimfire open sights. I couldn't get them to come up enough to sight it in at 50 yards the thing must have barrel droop. I put it in v blocks and rotated it with a dail indicator on the reciever barrel junction and straightened it and it is better now. The stock is like a BB gun size. Just a little small for me. I am big. Can't get enough scope eye relief to shoot it comfortable with a scope. In the beginning I had the same problem with the scope as with the open sights it didn't have enough up movement to sight in. Works ok now after the receiver/barrel adjustment. On the plus side it shoots good groups and has potential. I purchased a Boyds thumbhole to inlet so I could get the stock to work for me.
I bought it due to the name and have been disappointed. I think they have quit selling them. Mine is under the first thousand. :)