PDA

View Full Version : Sturdy Gun Safes

ronas
12-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Anybody have a Sturdy Gun Safe? Link below. I've been looking for a while and just about every company I've dealt with seems to me to be more interested in flashy marketing and giving me less that full representations of there products unless I kind of push them, than in building a nice safe at a decent price.

I'm seriously considering the 72"x36"x27" model with fire protection.

http://www.sturdysafe.com/gaugethicknesswar.htm

Casual_Shooter
12-20-2010, 1:56 PM
Sturdy is the "No Fluff" safe company. I've never heard a bad thing about them.. except for them being no-fluff.

I've spoken to Terry on the phone and was very impressed by his openness and how helpful he was- and I hadn't spent a dime with him.

anyracoon
12-20-2010, 2:00 PM
There was actually a group buy a couple of years back with Sturdy Safe. I bought a back-up safe for the garage. The only problem I had with it was I did not buy a big enough one! Great customer service they even pre-set the combination on it for me when I picked it up.. I would definiteley purchase another from them.

ronas
12-20-2010, 2:36 PM
There was actually a group buy a couple of years back with Sturdy Safe. I bought a back-up safe for the garage. The only problem I had with it was I did not buy a big enough one! Great customer service they even pre-set the combination on it for me when I picked it up.. I would definiteley purchase another from them.

I will most likely buy a 72x36x27 safe. The only thing that's hard on me is shipping expense, west coast to east cost.

Matt C
12-20-2010, 2:49 PM
I have had one for years, they are a great company and make great no BS safes. Ask them if they have any "blemish" models, sometimes you can save $$$ for some minor cosmetic thing.

wellerjohn
12-23-2010, 2:38 PM
Surdy safe's look plain but high quality to me. I went with Homeland Safe Company in Pico Rivera, place is kind of getto, but I happy with the safe.

CGT80
12-25-2010, 2:48 PM
I have looked hard at sturdy safes as well. So far, their web site and videos seem to talk the talk. I hope to own one of their safes soon.

PRKArms
12-26-2010, 6:22 PM
The BEST no frills safe $ can buy PERIOD!

MFortie
12-27-2010, 4:43 AM
I got one for sale. 300 bucks. Pm me if you're interested.

PM sent...

BigFatGuy
12-27-2010, 1:29 PM
As proof that god loves a good businessman, the model in his photos is his daughter.

THT
12-27-2010, 2:05 PM
Sturdy is the "No Fluff" safe company. I've never heard a bad thing about them.. except for them being no-fluff.

I've spoken to Terry on the phone and was very impressed by his openness and how helpful he was- and I hadn't spent a dime with him.

I had the same experience. I talked to Terry for a half hour before buying my safe and he talked me OUT of two upgrades that he thought were unnecessary knowing that I would be using it as a 01/03.

THT
12-27-2010, 2:06 PM
I will most likely buy a 72x36x27 safe. The only thing that's hard on me is shipping expense, west coast to east cost.

Shipping is included in the price of the safe.

bsg
12-27-2010, 2:45 PM
As proof that god loves a good businessman, the model in his photos is his daughter.

full length model or "tip of the finger" model?

DougJ
12-27-2010, 2:53 PM
I've been to their shop, his daughter is the one in the photos and she gave me a tour of the facility. They've been producing steel products for many years, and exclusively safes for quite a while now. They are definately no frills, in a good way.

I was going to buy one but got a semi-killer deal on a Liberty FatBoy. I kinda regret not going with Sturdy, but I do like my Liberty.

BigFatGuy
12-27-2010, 6:02 PM
full length model or "tip of the finger" model?

take a look at the website.

bsg
12-27-2010, 6:20 PM
take a look at the website.

thanks.