PDA

View Full Version : i just watched the most ridiculous sh*t................................

jabell
12-20-2010, 11:53 AM
sarah palin's alaska.
omg what an embarrassment that lady is.
a guide put her on a caribou at roughly 100 yards & she air balls three shots before finally switching guns & hitting it.
i never had much respect for her before but now i just want her to go away & stop trying to represent sportsmen & conservatives.
i also lost a lot of respect for caribou. really,...what a dumb creature to just stand there & let someone shoot at it 3 times with out taking action. i have no desire to hunt them now. i'd rather pay a rancher to shoot one of his cows.
just ranting here guys on a rainy day.
cheers & straight shots.......jeff
:cuss:

21SF
12-20-2010, 11:56 AM
AMEN!!!

pacifico23
12-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Honestly I hate Sarah Palin. But that wasn't her fault, I saw it also last night. When they got back to camp the dad tried shooting a plate at like 100 yards with the same rifle (his) and could t hit it once. His scope was completely off. I don't know it looked like she shot quite well. Def better form and holding a rifle than any girl I have shot with. But what I didn't get is why she couldn't use the bolt herself. That was annoying.

By the way. Did you see the next episode? How she handled that shotgun a that fake charging bear? That was pretty kewl lol, I was very suprised she was able to handle it as well as she did.

edgerly779
12-20-2010, 12:19 PM
When she used the sighted in 300 mag she hit with one shot don't think jabell saw the whole episode or would have known there was no guide just her dad with a rifle not sighted in. Get facts straight.

cortayack
12-20-2010, 12:42 PM
I have, watched the show couple times, no big thing!!! Beautiful country.......And I would maybe vote for her for Governor or congresswoman but not President!!!!

Saigon1965
12-20-2010, 1:07 PM
It's call "Reality show" - None of it is - All set up ala Hollywood -

professionalcoyotehunter
12-20-2010, 1:24 PM
Her rifle was not sighted properly if it was the episode I just watched? We she grabbed her uncles it was dead on and dropped the animal. They are pretty dumb since they dont get much hunting pressure.

edwardm
12-20-2010, 1:37 PM
Plenty of big game don't get spooked at rifle shots. By nature, they're evolved to worry about certain smells and certain noises. Noises like approaching footsteps, snapping twigs, grunts or vocalizations of predators are what tend to spook them.

I've seen guys take shots at blacktails and those deer just won't spook until they hear, see or smell something that *in their mind* is alarming. Pigs are the same way in my personal experience.

Now, if that caribou had made her out visually, or gotten a whiff of her, it would have gotten the hell out of dodge, riki-tik.

And like others said, later in the episode her dad tries the rifle and finds out for himself that it's shooting *way* off. At 100 yards, it was probably shooting 2 or 3 Minutes of Moose (MOM) high. ;)
sarah palin's alaska.
a guide put her on a caribou at roughly 100 yards & she air balls three shots before finally switching guns & hitting it.
i never had much respect for her before but now i just want her to go away & stop trying to represent sportsmen & conservatives.
i also lost a lot of respect for caribou. really,...what a dumb creature to just stand there & let someone shoot at it 3 times with out taking action. i have no desire to hunt them now. i'd rather pay a rancher to shoot one of his cows.

devilinblack
12-20-2010, 1:46 PM
I never cared for her before, but I dislike her less after watching a few episodes of the show. I still don't want her to be my political leader, but she seems like a halfway decent person.

imtheomegaman
12-20-2010, 2:08 PM
dang, I saw the title and was sure it was a CNN commentary the OP was talking about

swifty
12-20-2010, 2:21 PM

Was this the same rifle her dad took a spill with and later verified on paper that the crosshairs had moved from original sight-in? Did you see enough of the episode to get more of the story?

incredablehefey
12-20-2010, 2:31 PM
the dad fell and bumped the scope, it happens,

this is just my thoughts.... you never get to choose the person who agrees with everything you do and want, she is not perfect but she does have a lot in common with me and my personality, she believes in common sense and the constitution she will have my vote for just about anything she chooses to do, unless it is against Ron!

safewaysecurity
12-20-2010, 2:43 PM
She's good on the 2A. But if she wins the presidency I'm going to move to Switzerland.

Argonaut
12-20-2010, 2:44 PM
I wouldn't trade her for all the mall ninjas in California..........They are the knuckleheads and gave us Jerry Brown.......

jaime7818
12-20-2010, 3:35 PM
sarah palin's alaska.

You obviously have limited insight into hunting, and you didnt watch the whole show. Guide?

professionalcoyotehunter
12-20-2010, 3:38 PM
He probably hunts more than most of us.

taperxz
12-20-2010, 3:44 PM
If thing were left up to Sarah, we wouldnt need a 2A section on calguns!! What she wants is for all of us to get off our computers and hunt and shoot!! I would love to see my wife go out and hunt and fish with me!! My daughters hunt with me and both can shoot well!! If i handed them a rifle that had a scope that was off they would be pissed!!

You gotta remember something also! When you hunt on foot and fall and the scope gets hit, that is also part of the hunt!! I'm just saying that for the folks who drive around looking for a deer and don't even get their rifles dirty.:rolleyes:

bigboarstopper
12-20-2010, 6:45 PM
Putting aside my political perspective of Palin I have to say that its the only major tv channel and show to show hunting sports in a positive light. She does her best to portray it as a wholesome family orientated activity. The focus on the hunt was almost equal to the meat processing portion, which I liked. The firearms were portrayed as tools and not weapons. I enjoyed the show and the message.

bambam8d1
12-20-2010, 6:51 PM
I've never seen Obama go hunting and excercise his 2nd amendment rights... seeing that show... she is a cool *** woman... haha if I was like 20 years older..

jtv3062
12-20-2010, 6:57 PM
Wow to the op. I guess the show isn't all staged.

Eastwood
12-20-2010, 8:21 PM
Sarah Palin is one smokin hot milf with that rifle!!! I'd go huntin with her anytime and make sure to bring Kristy Lee Cook along also ha!

choprzrul
12-20-2010, 8:32 PM
something tells me this thread wasn't started just because of the hunting...

Eastwood
12-20-2010, 8:33 PM
nope.... just hot chicks and guns. that's all you really need in life

pieeater
12-20-2010, 8:36 PM
Who????

He probably hunts more than most of us.

spectr17
12-20-2010, 10:52 PM
She claims to be a "lifetime hunter"? That's now what I saw. Looked more like a newbie on the range having someone rack their bolt for them. Skyline shot. Finger went on the trigger when handed the 2nd rifle. Almost as scary as her being in politics. Some things she does leads me to think the dolt act is on purpose.

TrailerparkTrash
12-21-2010, 6:28 AM
Honestly I hate Sarah Palin.
Off topic, but why? Do you think Obama is better than her? She's not a professional politician anymore, nor was she ever a life long politician. She's honest and speaks from the heart. Yeah, she's not all a great public speaker, but she's the conservative lady "next door." She's pro gun, pro hunter, pro less government, she just cant speak that well in public. Can you? I doubt it. She's basically a "soccer mom" that had some guts to run for local office and she won. She's a person that cares and loves her family, she loves her community and she's pretty graceful with all of the lattacks brought upon her from the eft wing news media outlets. Many brainwashed conservatives try to slap her down too because they listen to the left wing news media that slams her.

She sounds pretty "normal" to me. She sounds and acts pretty much like a real down to earth person. Not some fake @zzed idiot from Chicago that has an agenda.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Eroland7
12-21-2010, 6:38 AM
I too saw that clip. After the 2nd complete miss I love when the guy said something like "Well something must not be right, cuz that rifle is dead on" LOL

missiondude
12-21-2010, 8:21 AM
Off topic, but why? Do you think Obama is better than her? She's not a professional politician anymore, nor was she ever a life long politician. She's honest and speaks from the heart. Yeah, she's not all a great public speaker, but she's the conservative lady "next door." She's pro gun, pro hunter, pro less government, she just cant speak that well in public. Can you? I doubt it. She's basically a "soccer mom" that had some guts to run for local office and she won. She's a person that cares and loves her family, she loves her community and she's pretty graceful with all of the lattacks brought upon her from the eft wing news media outlets. Many brainwashed conservatives try to slap her down too because they listen to the left wing news media that slams her.

She sounds pretty "normal" to me. She sounds and acts pretty much like a real down to earth person. Not some fake @zzed idiot from Chicago that has an agenda.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think she is great for all those reasons, but that does not make her fit to be president. Yeah, I know the guy we got sucks, but part of the reason we wound up with him in there is the lack of a credible republican ticket...

Killawhale415
12-21-2010, 8:31 AM

Ahahahaha!
"So I was just runnin for head of the PTA dontcha know and before you know it im headin for the white house" :rolleyes:

Smokinjoe101
12-21-2010, 11:05 AM
She's pro gun, pro hunter, pro less government, and that is the type of representative needed in government today and the fact she is hot also helps;)

sj

gn3hz3ku1*
12-21-2010, 4:30 PM
I was no fan but after watching the show...i can't find a single reason to dislike her.. she seems like a salt of the earth type to me on the show.

Shoot-it
12-21-2010, 4:49 PM
IBTL
just in case this go's south like the last one :D

Even the best rings and scope can get knocked off if hit hard enough.
Stuff happens that is why I always sight my big game rifle in before deer season you never know if the poa might be off.

jabell
12-21-2010, 5:16 PM
my questions, comments & concerns after floating thread & reading your responses.

1st off. i don't hate her. i love the fact that she is a sporting, down to earth woman & i wish there were more like her and i actually totally agree with her political alignments. but all i can think of when i see her is she's just embarrassing. i want to cover my my face when i hear her speak. she's not leadership material. i mean really is this the best we can do.

2ndly. i did like the alaskan part of the show after revisiting it along with the meat care. cheers to that.

3rdly. whoever said my insight into hunting was shallow may be right as i'll humbly admit many of you guys out there have forgotten more than i've learned about hunting but i'll venture to guess your insight is not too ethical because if i bang the cr*p out of my rifle in a fall like you said they showed earlier i would not be shooting at game prior to seeing if my gun shoots straight.

4thly. my one & only political venom shot because this is not really the place for it is in the end she is a useful dingy puppet to the power players that have high jacked our country. she will be used to play the right off the left in an endless pendulum of political insanity. revisit the definition of insanity ???

professionalcoyotehunter
12-21-2010, 5:17 PM
Great argument buddy!

97F1504RAD
12-21-2010, 5:55 PM
sarah palin's alaska.

You do realize that her Dad took a fall with that rifle which knocked the scope out. And she did nail it first time with the other rifle.

And for the record Sarah Palin Rocks. She is a strong powerful woman and most men and people are threatened by her. And she's HOT!

jabell
12-21-2010, 6:04 PM
i have been advised the dad banged the scope.

i still question using that gun before it's checked out to be shooting straight.

also why did the dad have to take the gun from her & jack a round for her each time?

and i still can think of a hundred different other hunts to do before considering a caribou trip. but i hear they are great eating.

edwardm
12-21-2010, 6:17 PM
Amen. That woman makes my jeans bulge.

You do realize that her Dad took a fall with that rifle which knocked the scope out. And she did nail it first time with the other rifle.

And for the record Sarah Palin Rocks. She is a strong powerful woman and most men and people are threatened by her. And she's HOT!

lewdogg21
12-21-2010, 6:41 PM
I knocked a scope loose/out of focus and missed a deer years ago. **** happens guys.

Argonaut
12-21-2010, 8:34 PM
It is easy to determine the real hunters from the mall ninjas here.........Way too many nut jobs and Jerry Brown lovers here in California.....That is why we are selling our real estate, taking our money and moving back to Idaho, Where Sarah is from. My first experience with a Californian hunter was near Sandpoint when I was about 12 years old. This guy came up to us all bloody asking for help packing out his cow elk, We took the horses down to where it was.......There laying on the ground was a shod molly mule in a fenced pasture, all dressed out and ready to go......We asked him about the shoes, He "didn't see them".

taperxz
12-21-2010, 8:54 PM
So her dad wants to rack one in for her! I'd do the same for my daughter. Sorry OP but like i said, you hike miles and and in the middle of a hunt all you can do is hope the scope isnt out of whack. It happened to me once and i was able to see where the round hit. I jacked another one in compensated and killed the buck. Not everyone can do that!!

Personally i don't see the reason to bash that woman on this forum when she is one of the folks that are on our side. If her hunting skills aint that great then so what!! That woman has got guts. She didn't ask for this stuff McCain asked her.

Libtards make me puke. When it comes to her hunting with her dad, who gives a rats arse what her political views are? As far as i'm concerned its a free country, she was the governor of Alaska and she can do any dang thing she pleases with or without your negative opinion. BTW she is not running for office, right now she is just a woman living in Alaska, show casing Alaska. Caribou is a great hunt!!

Hunt
12-21-2010, 9:58 PM
nope.... just hot chicks and guns. that's all you really need in life

don't forget the beer and hooters-- I would love to see her do a MIL* film she is hawt hawt hawt, imagine the sales of that film ha ha

Eastwood
12-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Do a google image seach on "Nalin Palin" this should be close enough :D

Shoot-it
12-22-2010, 5:11 AM
i have been advised the dad banged the scope.

i still question using that gun before it's checked out to be shooting straight.

also why did the dad have to take the gun from her & jack a round for her each time?

and i still can think of a hundred different other hunts to do before considering a caribou trip. but i hear they are great eating.

I hate that to she could have racked the bolt herself .

Abesnake
12-22-2010, 3:12 PM
If thing were left up to Sarah, we wouldnt need a 2A section on calguns!! What she wants is for all of us to get off our computers and hunt and shoot!! I would love to see my wife go out and hunt and fish with me!! My daughters hunt with me and both can shoot well!! If i handed them a rifle that had a scope that was off they would be pissed!!

You gotta remember something also! When you hunt on foot and fall and the scope gets hit, that is also part of the hunt!! I'm just saying that for the folks who drive around looking for a deer and don't even get their rifles dirty.:rolleyes:

Exactamundo! I get a kick out of all the hot shot "Hollywood Hunter" who brag at the grocery store getting supplies that they are going hunting on the weekend. Then, I ask them where, and they say Taejon Ranch. LOL What a bunch of Schmucks! You don't do the work...you ain't no hunter! :D:kest:

21SF
12-22-2010, 3:42 PM
Shes HOT!!!!????? haha Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

She's as hot as ice water.

97F1504RAD
12-22-2010, 6:06 PM
Shes HOT!!!!????? haha Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

She's as hot as ice water.

Ice Water is delicious and so is she.

Most may not know this but she did win a Beauty Pageant once.

rg_1111@yahoo.com
12-22-2010, 7:09 PM
Hot and Pro gun. Likes fishing and outdoors Good enough for me.

180ls1
12-23-2010, 8:14 AM
interesting