View Full Version : iPod remote control for PS3?

12-19-2010, 7:11 PM
I have been thinking about a universal remote solution for my new TV. It won't be too elaborate but I want to control a PS3 with my iPod touch and I know it can be done but the common way is no good.

I want to be able to dock for charging and playing music and maybe video without losing the ability to control my TV, PS3, etc.

That means plugging an IR emitter in to the docking port is not what I want to do.

I would like something that works over wifi or Bluetooth.

So far everything I've seen uses a plug in emitter and there are lots of them.

I hope someone has done what I'm looking for, I just can't seem to find it.

01-04-2011, 3:13 PM
I think I've found a solution.

It's an iPhone app in beta. It's like putting a cable box channel guide on your iPod/iPhone and works with a two piece hardware to control your TV/Stereo with IR commands.

I also have found several IR to bluetooth solutions for PS3 control. Combining the two should make the system do everything I want it to do.

I'll post more when I get it up and running.

01-04-2011, 3:31 PM
Can you post any link with any info?

This is going to be interesting, good bye universal remote control :D

01-04-2011, 3:57 PM
Since it's a beta, I don't want to mention it by name in a thread.

They might google their name and have it pop up first on a gun board, I don't want to do that to them. I will be creating a thread at AVS forum and I'll link that soon.

As it is now, it is very raw and the hardware isn't available. If you really want to know, you can PM me.

The startup is local to me so I dropped by and I wiggled my way in to becoming a beta tester.

They have some hardware but it's reserved for PR purposes and the app isn't ready for prime time yet. The demo is very polished looking but it's incomplete and I've had a crash or two. I'm convinced that they will get there soon but I think their product will be best for hard core techies for most of 2011.

On the other hand, it comes in handy when you are at a friend's house and the TV is tuned in to something lame. You can use the app to see the listings and then suggest a channel change. I've done that once and it was cool.