PDA

View Full Version : members accounts

mailman
07-20-2006, 2:04 PM
just wondering how our newest member freedom1 is already banned, maybe u guys should erase the members that haven't logged in or contributed to the forum after a certain time period.

have a nice day

sac7000
07-20-2006, 3:26 PM
just wondering how our newest member freedom1 is already banned, maybe u guys should erase the members that haven't logged in or contributed to the forum after a certain time period.

have a nice day

What you talkin bout' Willis? Please elaborate...

Kestryll
07-20-2006, 3:38 PM
freedom31 was banned because he was a previously banned member trying to re register. Some times it's hard to be sure because while the I.P. is similar it's not the same which means other resources are needed.

In freedom31's case the I.P. was identical to a recently banned member. As a rule I do an I.P. and other checks on new members for several days after having to ban someone. Often times they try to rejoin the board under a new name.

Stanze
07-20-2006, 4:08 PM

have a nice day

Don't tell the mods and admins how to do their job mailman, they don't go to the post office and knock the AK-47 out of your hands, do they?:D

sac7000
07-20-2006, 4:09 PM
freedom31 was banned because he was a previously banned member trying to re register. Some times it's hard to be sure because while the I.P. is similar it's not the same which means other resources are needed.

In freedom31's case the I.P. was identical to a recently banned member. As a rule I do an I.P. and other checks on new members for several days after having to ban someone. Often times they try to rejoin the board under a new name.

I remember back in the days before internet, we had to send in photocopies of our ID's to the BBS sysop for verification before we got full access to the local BBS. Then they figured out how to do instant callbacks to verify the line you were calling from was truly your phone line. By the time we pretty much got it working good the internet was becoming available just about everywhere...

xenophobe
07-20-2006, 6:31 PM
Personally, banned members and ones that choose to go away should not have their posts deleted.

kantstudien
07-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Don't tell the mods and admins how to do their job mailman, they don't go to the post office and knock the AK-47 out of your hands, do they?:D

Damn! That is cold! :D

sac7000
07-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Damn! That is cold! :D

?? Post Office? AK-47? What?

Am I having a senior moment here or has my medication suddenly produced a psychotropic brainflood?

mailman
07-21-2006, 10:53 AM

I don’t think that “just wondering” & “maybe u guys” & “have a nice day” is exactly what u would call telling them how to do their job. I believe this section is for suggestions if I'm not mistaken.

Personally, banned members and ones that choose to go away should not have their posts deleted.

I agree, I figured there was just a way to delete their names from the member list to make this Members: 5,240 more accurate while still retaining their posts, or put them into a special category.

?? Post Office? AK-47? What?
Am I having a senior moment here or has my medication suddenly produced a psychotropic brainflood?

He is referring to my name “MAILMAN” unfortunately I run a mailroom and ship/rec. and don’t work at the USPS.

Admins/Moderaters, any feedback??, maybe I’m being a little too anal :D