PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about Safari or African preditor hunts?

Abesnake
12-18-2010, 4:27 PM
I found this Youtube informative though it's kind of an ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dwpazdlH0A

Whiterabbit
12-18-2010, 7:28 PM
I'd be interested in the DFG thoughts (more particularly the conservationists they employ) but I have heard from some conservationists that hunting predator species can have terrible effects on the local ecosystem, whereas hunting prey species is always cool. They just multiply.

If that's what my wife wants to think, that's fine with me. I'll be happy hunting deer and pig and upland birds, no problem :)

sfguyhere
12-19-2010, 10:50 AM
That was funny !

I'm also a long time SCI member and I like this guy and his philosophy.

Good post!

Eastwood
12-19-2010, 3:40 PM
I personally have no desire to hunt, kill, or eat any animal that could eat me. Although I think a nice mountain lion mount would look very nice in my living room :p

mwunsch
12-20-2010, 9:36 AM
Ive often thought how fun it would be to predator call in hyenas and blast with the BAR 7 mag.

professionalcoyotehunter
12-20-2010, 9:39 AM
I want to hunt dingos in Australia sometime.

crittergitter4
12-20-2010, 11:45 AM
I think a lot of the African predator hunts would be cool to experience but those hunts are typically fairly pricey. And of course if your going to go all the way to Africa to hunt you might as well have your animal/s mounted which is obviously more money. It would be fun though and probably well worth it. Predators need culling too:)

tony270
12-20-2010, 2:45 PM
I would like to bag a leopard, hyena and or a lion.

http://www.africanpredator.com/prices.html

Full Clip
12-20-2010, 3:13 PM
I personally have no desire to hunt, kill, or eat any animal that could eat me.

Same, and I would not kill anything I would not eat myself.
I felt terrible when a couple ducks I bagged last year got freezer burn and I had to throw them away!
Unleass it was a problem animal, I just couldn't kill something as majestic as a lion or tiger.
Just me, I know.

tony270
12-20-2010, 3:27 PM
I don't think he's asking if you like it or not, at least I hope he's not. This is a hunting room and if you have something negative to mention about legal hunting keep it to yourself.

sfguyhere
12-20-2010, 4:12 PM
I especially like the, "bait" that's used ! Doesn't get any better than that!

taperxz
12-20-2010, 4:28 PM
Same, and I would not kill anything I would not eat myself.
I felt terrible when a couple ducks I bagged last year got freezer burn and I had to throw them away!
Unleass it was a problem animal, I just couldn't kill something as majestic as a lion or tiger.
Just me, I know.

No ant spray, cock roach spray, mouse traps ect. for you!! Unless you eat these poor little creatures. LOL J/K

bigboarstopper
12-20-2010, 6:15 PM
I dont have an issue with any of it. Have to understand that the hunter in Africa, especially in Africa is the biggest contributor to animal conservation. They spend a fortune to hunt lion, elephant, the big 5 ect. That money supports the economy and the species.

I was watching an elephant hunt (a hunt I have no interest in doing) on tv the other day. The guide was telling the hunter that the majority of the meat will feed a village for months. A portion of the money spent on THAT hunt will fund the anti poaching crew for over 6 months.

The money generated on these hunts protect the animals in africa a whole lot better than our tax money, hunting licence and tags for our animals in our state.