PDA

View Full Version : selling a C&R handgun?

mdouglas1980
12-17-2010, 11:14 AM
So my question was that if or ever I decide to sell one of my C&R handguns. When I meet whomever at the 01 for a PPT; do I take down both the FFL info and a copy of their license and the Private individuals DL info as well?
Or should I just take the FFL info and copy of their license since technically it is a part of their inventory and being transferred to the individual?

I'm think all of the info from the FFL, license, and individual info for my bound book. Or I guess I could just give the ATF a call, I've found they've been quite helpful whenever I've called them

EOD Guy
12-17-2010, 11:30 AM
So my question was that if or ever I decide to sell one of my C&R handguns. When I meet whomever at the 01 for a PPT; do I take down both the FFL info and a copy of their license and the Private individuals DL info as well?
Or should I just take the FFL info and copy of their license since technically it is a part of their inventory and being transferred to the individual?

I'm think all of the info from the FFL, license, and individual info for my bound book. Or I guess I could just give the ATF a call, I've found they've been quite helpful whenever I've called them

You're transferring to the dealer. All you need is a copy of his FFL and enter the disposition to him.

mdouglas1980
12-17-2010, 1:29 PM
so I'd assume that it's the same when I'm the buyer as well correct? Just info from the FFL?

Toyman321
12-17-2010, 8:51 PM
so I'd assume that it's the same when I'm the buyer as well correct? Just info from the FFL?

my understanding is yes, this is correct.