PDA

View Full Version : ATF c&r application question

FluorideInMyWater
07-18-2006, 5:35 PM
it says on the C&R app that if you don't have a valid hunting license that you "likely cannot lawfully possess a firearm and therfore cannot be a federal firearms licensee".........

do you have to have a hunting permit to get the c&r??
i've never been convicted of anything ever....

?????

m1371
07-18-2006, 6:11 PM
it says on the C&R app that if you don't have a valid hunting license that you "likely cannot lawfully possess a firearm and therfore cannot be a federal firearms licensee".........

?????

I think what they're trying to say is that if you cannot legally get a hunting license you probably won't get a C&R license.

Don't sweat it, you're not required to hold a valid hunting permit to get a C&R license.

It's just worded really crappy and implies the wrong thing.

Hunter
07-18-2006, 7:24 PM
I think what they're trying to say is that if you cannot legally get a hunting license you probably won't get a C&R license.

Don't sweat it, you're not required to hold a valid hunting permit to get a C&R license.

It's just worded really crappy and implies the wrong thing.

On top of that, having a hunting license here has nothing to due with being restricted from having a firearm or not. Two separate issues. The only criteria for having a hunting license is passing a hunter education course for most people.

Hunter
07-18-2006, 7:31 PM

?????

That section you are reading has to deal with being an Nonimmigrant Alien. It that doesn't appy to you, you can skip that section.

FluorideInMyWater
07-19-2006, 12:19 PM
hmm.....the section is called "non-immigrant alien"....what the heck is that? seems to me it's an oxy-moron. a non-immagrant is someone who was born here and an alien is someone who was not born here......
am i missing something?

Librarian
07-19-2006, 3:23 PM
hmm.....the section is called "non-immigrant alien"....what the heck is that? seems to me it's an oxy-moron. a non-immagrant is someone who was born here and an alien is someone who was not born here......
am i missing something?Looks like it. An 'alien' is one who was not born here, but is in the country. A non-immigrant does not plan to live here permanently. For example, if I were to visit France (or Massachusetts or New York), I would be a non-immigrant alien. People who come here on business or on vacation or for education, but plan to return to their current country of citizenship, are 'non-immigrant aliens' in the U. S.

SFV_Dealer
07-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Don't forget to get the DOJ COE (Certificate of Eligibility) so that you can be exempt from the 1 C&R handgun per 30 day rule from any CA Firearms dealer you purchase from...