PDA

View Full Version : So Cal MLPA's are Here

252yft
12-15-2010, 11:06 PM
I am so pissed about the vote today I can't even think straight. All the salt water fishing grounds are now "Protected No Fishing Zones."

Unreal!!

zinfull
12-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Yeah they divided the state up and restricted fishing. NorCal already has some of the best dive areas closed. Out of state funded by environmentalist and now the state has to put more money into something most did not want.

jerry

LloydXmas250
12-16-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm not knowledgable on this topic. Can you elaborate so that I can probably get pissed off as well?

Ahhnother8
12-16-2010, 11:47 AM
I am so pissed about the vote today I can't even think straight. All the salt water fishing grounds are now "Protected No Fishing Zones."

Unreal!!

Yeah, we already got ours up here. They, whoever they are, are slowly and steadily taking away what we hold dear.

Does your screen name mean: 252# yellow fin tuna? I caught that exact same fish back in 1998 on the Excel. It was a 19 day trip and Bill Poole was on board. I would go back in a heartbeat!!

chris
12-16-2010, 2:03 PM
i'm not one bit surprised that this happened. it was a long tinme coming and no matter how much people fought against it. is was going to happen anyways. no matter the science or facts were going to stop it. now it's only a matter of time before the whole state's coast line is off limits to fishing and anything else comes up to forbid the use of the ocean that really IMO belongs to no one.

sideshowhr
12-16-2010, 3:56 PM
I'm not knowledgable on this topic. Can you elaborate so that I can probably get pissed off as well?

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/

252yft
12-16-2010, 6:40 PM
Yeah, we already got ours up here. They, whoever they are, are slowly and steadily taking away what we hold dear.

Does your screen name mean: 252# yellow fin tuna? I caught that exact same fish back in 1998 on the Excel. It was a 19 day trip and Bill Poole was on board. I would go back in a heartbeat!!

Thanx Sideshowhr for posting that. I should have. I have a good number of friends who are in the sport fishing industry. I guess it's like US Steel closing all their plants in a state and all those jobs are lost.

I for one spend or used to spend 50 to 70 nights a year on the water. In those dark days of my divorce, spending a quite night motoring to the islands and catching fish with my buddies saved me. Then I took my daughter, my friends and their kids out fishing. I guess I used to help out with an organization that takes kids out fishing for their first time. Most of the time, it's a boy/girls first time ever on the ocean.

Ahhnother8. Yes you guessed correctly. I have more than a few cows under my belt. The 252 was my very first one. I knew Bill and have been riding his rigs for many years now.

Arnold has really screwed this state. God I miss Gray Davis.

PatriotnMore
12-16-2010, 6:50 PM
i'm not one bit surprised that this happened. it was a long tinme coming and no matter how much people fought against it. is was going to happen anyways. no matter the science or facts were going to stop it. now it's only a matter of time before the whole state's coast line is off limits to fishing and anything else comes up to forbid the use of the ocean that really IMO belongs to no one.

^^This^^

Unfortunately, these issues need to be argued in court, all the way up to the SCOTUS, if needed. How is it the public can be denied access land owned by the people? This sounds more like a Sherwood Forest, and Robin Hood story, than America Land Of The Free.

LloydXmas250
12-16-2010, 9:57 PM
So all saltwater is protected now? Is there literally no place you can take fish now in the salt water or are there ways around this?

Hunt
12-17-2010, 1:24 AM
the thing people don't realize is there is usually hidden grant money from the FEDS for State agencies, can you smell Cass Sunstein in here somewhere with a few million grant money. The scary thing is, when Obama was elected he ordered a study on how *climate change* will affect wildlife and public lands and create mitigation strategies!! A million here and there in grant money and a study here and there, it's all gone. Don't kid yourself it's coming. All they have to do is say "climate change" and," here is the grant money" and the States fold.