PDA

View Full Version : Mak attack, rattler lost

big jon
07-18-2006, 12:25 AM
This is the first one this year,last year i got 10,7 of them in the back yard.
Today my wife called me from the road going to our house she was held up by this guy he was all spred out and she was affraid to run it over? when i was pulling up he decited to hit the road i chased him into some bushes and the only shot i had was thru the brush and i hit him in the middle and shot off the rattles.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/jhunter63/IM004640.jpg
These things give me the creeps

50 Shooter
07-18-2006, 4:42 AM
A couple more of those and you can make some boots.;)

I'm suprised you didn't get a visit from the SD for firing your gun. Just tell them it was a life or death situation.:D

big jon
07-18-2006, 5:44 AM
A couple more of those and you can make some boots.;)

I'm suprised you didn't get a visit from the SD for firing your gun. Just tell them it was a life or death situation.:D
Thats one of the best things abought living out here all my nighbors are retired and they all shoot, Iam the only one without a CCW.

JPglee1
07-18-2006, 7:19 AM
This is the first one this year,last year i got 10,7 of them in the back yard.
Today my wife called me from the road going to our house she was held up by this guy he was all spred out and she was affraid to run it over? when i was pulling up he decited to hit the road i chased him into some bushes and the only shot i had was thru the brush and i hit him in the middle and shot off the rattles.
These things give me the creeps

Looks a little thin... did ya eat it?

Big Jon is a bad MFer when it comes to out of holster point shooting... that little snake didn't have a chance... hahaha.

You should see him pull a J-Frame snub and run all 5 into a clay pigeon on the ground 2' away... :eek:

NICE.

JP :D

Turbinator
07-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Cool deal, glad you weren't hurt. Good shot, considering you probably weren't using snake shot in your Makarov.

Turby

vonsmith
07-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Wow. Are things so bad in California that you have to plant a gun next to a dead snake to prove it was a self defense shooting? :eek:
LMAO. :D I can envision trying to explain how the snake wouldn't surrender peaceably no matter how many times I told him to put his hands up.

=vonsmith=

P.S. - Good shootin' big jon!

50 Freak
07-18-2006, 4:33 PM
Did you give the snake proper warning first?

You should always yell "Stop!!!!I am armed and will shoot" then tell the reporting officer that you "were in fear for your life".

Then everything will be okay.

anotherted
07-18-2006, 6:59 PM

You should always yell "Stop!!!!I am armed and will shoot" then tell the reporting officer that you "were in fear for your life".

AH HAAAAAAAAAAAAA

VeryCoolCat
07-18-2006, 7:35 PM

Oh cmon, its a critter... your supposed to say "ITS COMMIN RIGHT AT US!" :D

Rob454
07-28-2006, 12:29 PM
You should skin them gut them and then rinse them in cold water. makes the muscles bunch up. Cut them in in ch slices and egg abtter and crumbs and fry them. Good eating

You can also let them dry out and then have them as snake jerky
Rob

big jon
07-28-2006, 3:39 PM
You should skin them gut them and then rinse them in cold water. makes the muscles bunch up. Cut them in in ch slices and egg abtter and crumbs and fry them. Good eating

You can also let them dry out and then have them as snake jerky
Rob
I`ed rather be hungry,cant stand snakes? but i`ll PM you the next one i get:D

wuhungsix
07-28-2006, 5:31 PM
[QUOTE=big jon]This is the first one this year,last year i got 10,7 of them in the back yard.
These things give me the creeps/QUOTE]

Sounds like he was in fear of you and then you shot him in the back and mutilated his tail. Sorry I like snakes and use to have 3 of them, non-venomus of course.

JPglee1
07-28-2006, 5:36 PM
I`ed rather be hungry,cant stand snakes? but i`ll PM you the next one i get:D

I got first dibs, I called it at the range, remember ;)

J

Smoothiesd
07-29-2006, 2:50 PM
Here is a pic of the rattler that lost to my 12 ga. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j216/Smoothiesd/05-27-06_1050.jpg

JPglee1
07-29-2006, 3:01 PM
shooting in a nearby designated area that eventually got closed by BLM I think.

Ahh, the old Horse Thief Canyon.... I miss that place.

J

big jon
07-29-2006, 3:05 PM
My grandmother lives in Wrightwood. I remember as a kid my uncle took me out shooting in a nearby designated area that eventually got closed by BLM I think.

On the way out we enountered the biggest rattlesnake I have ever seen.

It was eliminated in a hail of .357 and .45ACP.
They got them fat out here and long,last year i shot 10, 7 of the were in my back yard? had to shoot them between my dogs feet, i Mak`em all:)