PDA

View Full Version : Re: Warning *update*

50 Shooter
07-17-2006, 5:49 PM
I found out some more info on this, the guy was outed by someone else but he's also an idiot. He placed the flash hider back on the rifle knowing full well that he wasn't suppose to! The ammo is just part of the whole issue and there's nothing that he can do (almost) about it.

I will say this, if you're approached by anyone with a first name that starts with a " P " for any gun stuff, walk away! And don't turn around, take my advice seriously.

SemiAutoSam
07-17-2006, 5:51 PM
Continue...

50 Shooter
07-17-2006, 5:52 PM
That's all I'm at liberty to say, watch yourself on any deals that you think you're making.

bobfried
07-17-2006, 6:03 PM
I think you need to disclose more as my first name starts with a P and I do alot of trading through the various boards. It's not fair to all of us P's to be typecasted with some idiot.

50 Shooter
07-17-2006, 6:11 PM
Four letter word and it rymes with "awl". Wasn't given a last name, if people are worried have them check your refrences. Also, if it's one of those to good to be true or strange deals.....

bobfried
07-17-2006, 6:15 PM
Four letter word and it rymes with "awl". Wasn't given a last name, if people are worried have them check your refrences. Also, if it's one of those to good to be true or strange deals.....

Thanks for the clarification.

50 Freak
07-17-2006, 6:59 PM
Starts with P, sounds like "awl".......Was it Bob????

That's it, I'm not dealing with anyone named Bob....:mad:

Santa Cruz Armory
07-17-2006, 7:19 PM
Starts with P, sounds like "awl".......Was it Bob????

That's it, I'm not dealing with anyone named Bob....:mad:

HEY! wait a second...my name is Bob!....kinda:D

leelaw
07-17-2006, 7:29 PM
HEY! wait a second...my name is Bob!....kinda:D

Alright, so now I know not to do deals with you... I always knew you were a little squirly... ;)

Santa Cruz Armory
07-17-2006, 8:28 PM
Alright, so now I know not to do deals with you... I always knew you were a little squirrely... ;)

There, fixed it for ya :D

REDHORSE
07-17-2006, 8:30 PM
Yep, be careful guys. There are a couple rats out there.

I've had a friend visted by the DOJ, when an internet deal went sour.

The item was an unregulated LEGAL rifle part, and not a firearm.

After the deal was made and payment cashed, the seller had a change of heart. The seller in Texas made some assumptions about Cali AW laws. You know the type... (fall into the ocean, Kaliban, Kalifornia, etc..) For some reason some people think AW were completely banned in California.. not knowing (or not caring) that Roberti-Roos & SB23 allowed CA AW owners to register and keep their AWs legally.

Even though from the very start the seller made the buyer aware, he was in California. The seller had no problems with the deal then (with M.O. on the way). The buyer also didn't have any issue cashing the US Postal M.O. After a month+ of no item, non returned emails and phone calls (wife & son screening calls). He was outed on an firearms forum.

It took a while for the buyer to get his money back, since the guy refused to ship the item to California. There is even doubt he even had the part to begin with. Using the AW Cali bans as a stalling tactic (in returning the $$).

It took many forum members and admin to get the seller to finally send the buyers money back. Other members noted how they had similar dealings with the seller. The seller was yet banned again from the forums for a second time. He used a different name & alias to register the second time around after being banned the 1st time for bad deals.

Because the buyer fraudulent deal (took money, but refused to ship item or return the money at first) came about on the forums and he got hammered on the forum.

The buyer thought it was his civic duty to make some fraudlant/false accusations against the buyer (as payback). He called DOJ and said the seller was doing illegal AW acitivity.

DOJ did visit my friend and everything was proved to be on the up and up. No charges were ever filed against my friend (buyer), nothing confiscated, nor any illegal activity was found by the DOJ.

So, be careful out there. All it takes is a phone call to the DOJ or other agency to have them knocking on your door, even if you walk on the right side if the legal line.

glen avon
07-17-2006, 8:42 PM
...DOJ did visit my friend....

how was the visit? how were the DOJ folks to deal with?

tenpercentfirearms
07-17-2006, 8:55 PM
He placed the flash hider back on the rifle knowing full well that he wasn't suppose to!So where is his legal defene fund now? This reminds me of when the Decatur 7 beat the crap out of each other at that high school football game and uncle Jesse Jackson came to the rescue. Talking about what an innocent fight it was and how these boys were being unfairly treated, until they released the video and suddenly Jesse's crusade looked awfully foolish.

Lets fight SB23. Lets fight them on the new change in the CCR. We can fight them on all sorts of fronts. Wasting our money on a guy that blatantly broke the law, not smart.

6172crew
07-17-2006, 8:58 PM
Its too bad these LA gun task force guys cant find any real bad guys, I guess its easier to go after Vietnam Vets.:(

LA is becoming a Police state and there isnt much we can do about it, its a sad day bros.:cool:

mow
07-17-2006, 9:38 PM
Its too bad these LA gun task force guys cant find any real bad guys, I guess its easier to go after Vietnam Vets.:(

LA is becoming a Police state and there isnt much we can do about it, its a sad day bros.:cool:

This whole country is a police state. :rolleyes:

WhiteGT
07-17-2006, 9:40 PM

I wonder if it is wrong of me to assume there are a TON of busts on "bad guys" we dont know about.

JPglee1
07-17-2006, 9:43 PM
I wonder if it is wrong of me to assume there are a TON of busts on "bad guys" we dont know about.

Probably not... assault weapons really aren't that common on the street... they are worth too much to use for gang violence and just get thrown away, they use cheap guns like revolvers and jennings and stuff for that.

Im sure a lot of bangers have em, but even they don't bring them out unless they need to, too hard to replace even illegally.

There are probably TONS more busts involving unregistered/stolen handguns than anything.

J

Pthfndr
07-17-2006, 9:55 PM
Probably not... assault weapons really aren't that common on the street... they are worth too much to use for gang violence and just get thrown away, they use cheap guns like revolvers and jennings and stuff for that.

Im sure a lot of bangers have em, but even they don't bring them out unless they need to, too hard to replace even illegally.

There are probably TONS more busts involving unregistered/stolen handguns than anything.

J

I don't think he meant AWs specifically. Just bad guys in general.

chris
07-17-2006, 11:15 PM
This whole country is a police state. :rolleyes:

not really the country is a police state Kalifornia is a police state. and it seems to be working.

colossians323
07-18-2006, 5:05 AM
I really doubt it, because anytime it involves guns and crime, the politicians and the media love to show off their war trophies.

6172crew
07-18-2006, 7:43 AM
My comments above just reflect the fact that there is a Anti-gun task force and they will target Vietnam Vets. If I was on a task force Id be looking for the AWs used in crimes not ones sitting in a closet or safe.:cool:

What good comes out of sending folks to prison for crimes like these? I hope this guy lawyers up and sues the crap out of that gun task force and teh clowns who came up with these laws.

xrMike
07-18-2006, 8:59 AM
how was the visit? how were the DOJ folks to deal with?Heheheh...

TheMan
07-18-2006, 10:02 AM
not really the country is a police state Kalifornia is a police state.

You tell that to the people of New Orleans who had their guns confiscated. Or the people of D.C. and several other cities who have stricter handgun control than here. If you think everyone but CA is free, then you are a victim of their propaganda.

50 Shooter
07-18-2006, 5:34 PM
PSSSniper asked me to let people know that even though he shares the name it's not him. If you want to buy something from him he's okay, I'll vouch for him as I know him also.:)

M. Sage
07-18-2006, 6:23 PM

Did this person undertake such acts with an eye to turning the target over to prosecution?

Entrapment isn't just for cops, it's for informants, too.

psssniper
07-19-2006, 5:52 AM
50shooter thanks for the personal reference and name clarificiation, :)

P-AUL (not p-awl);)

Prince50
07-19-2006, 7:10 AM
Psssniper has been known to appropriate items from other shooters.....

Oh wait... I was there too, and it was my car used for the get-away.

Darn it... I've outed myself and in 50shooters thread.

How is that 10-22 50Shooter? It was happy in my safe. I think it misses it there.

Darin

50 Shooter
07-19-2006, 1:42 PM
Hey that's right, the 10/22 bandit (PSSSNIPER) did hit me!!!:p

The funny part (:confused: ) was I didn't even know it was missing until you called.:eek:

psssniper
07-19-2006, 1:44 PM
Just so y'all get the straight story. Prince50, 50shooter and I were all at Angeles one day banging steel at 700 yds. While Prince50 and I were loading our stuff into Prince50's truck at the end of the day it seems that we accidently threw 50shooters 10/22 in the mix. When we arrived at my house Prince50 tosses all my rifles and ammo out the back including the 10/22. I said "hey this is yours isnt it?? Prince50 says "aint mine, its yours isnt it??
One of those uh oh :eek: moments passed between us as we realized that 50shooter was probably calling the cops right then and there. Funniest thing was when we called 50 shooter he hadnt even noticed it was gone:D after all whats a 10/22 amongst all those 50 cals?

50 Freak
07-19-2006, 1:48 PM
A likely story......:D

whatever
07-19-2006, 6:54 PM
Well this post was very confusing to me. It looks as if an original message was deleted.

Anyway I think I found the original post that this post is refrencing:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=11&t=238095

50 Shooter
07-19-2006, 7:17 PM
It's still here, you just have to open the forum window up to cover a few more days.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=37329