PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer stopped working

GM4spd
12-15-2010, 5:32 AM
All of sudden won't open(error message say its stopped working)---FIREFOX works fine and speed to sites is
excellent. I have updated virus protection that is working fine. Any ideas?I have
Windows Vista. Pete

JDay
12-15-2010, 5:38 AM
Ditch IE, it is a security nightmare.

GM4spd
12-15-2010, 5:48 AM
Thanks for the help---we are just so used to it with all the bookmarks but
just now using FIREFOX my SPEED to all sites is so much better I can't
believe it. Do I just "uninstall" IE from the program list? Appreciate the
help, Pete

Rhythm of Life
12-15-2010, 6:22 AM
In Firefox go to:

Bookmarks
Organize Bookmarks
Import and Backup
Import HTML...

Then choose Internet Explorer and you should have your IE bookmarks on Firefox.

paul0660
12-15-2010, 6:24 AM
You cannot uninstall it, it runs stuff other than the browser. You should try to get it fixed because of that. You might try rolling back to an earlier version or updating if the problem solution does not become obvious.

Firefox is much better. I fired up IE last week because a website demanded it and it had been three years since it had been up.

Rhythm of Life
12-15-2010, 6:35 AM
You cannot uninstall it, it runs stuff other than the browser. You should try to get it fixed because of that. You might try rolling back to an earlier version or updating if the problem solution does not become obvious.

Firefox is much better. I fired up IE last week because a website demanded it and it had been three years since it had been up.

You can uninstall it. I've done it. I just can't remember what I did.

stphnman20
12-15-2010, 6:45 AM
People still use IE?

Firefox is much much more better then IE. Don't even bother with it.

8bitnintendo
12-15-2010, 6:48 AM
Firefox is much much more better then IE. Don't even bother with it.
I have to use IE at work. At home I prefer Chrome; Firefox was a memory hog every time I tried it.

JDay
12-15-2010, 3:10 PM
Thanks for the help---we are just so used to it with all the bookmarks but
just now using FIREFOX my SPEED to all sites is so much better I can't
believe it. Do I just "uninstall" IE from the program list? Appreciate the
help, Pete

If you really want speed give Google Chrome a try, it runs circles around Firefox. Firefox 4 should be getting released soon however and that is supposed to be much faster than Firefox 3.

JDay
12-15-2010, 3:14 PM

You can uninstall it. I've done it. I just can't remember what I did.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

I have to use IE at work. At home I prefer Chrome; Firefox was a memory hog every time I tried it.

I think they finally fixed that memory leak in Firefox 4.