PDA

View Full Version : Problem with YouTube

addyyoon
12-15-2010, 1:06 AM
Hey guys, so I filmed a shooting trip in 1080p and edited it in Adobe Premiere. Exported it as a YouTube Widescreen HD AND a 1080p 29.9hz files (separately obviously). I loaded the YouTube version on Youtube, but after it had completely processed the video seems to have added an extra minute and a half by really messing up the video, ie: slowing it down, skipping frames, skipping audio, etc etc. I tried the 1080p version, and that didn't work out either. Both files run flawlessly on my computer and I don't see any reason as to why it'd be like that. Any ideas? Thanks!

JDay
12-15-2010, 5:07 AM
How long did you wait before trying to watch it on YouTube? It could be that their servers weren't done converting it to flv format.

addyyoon
12-15-2010, 8:49 AM
12+ hours now

JDay
12-15-2010, 3:09 PM
How big is the file, what is your upload speed? You should also try uploading it again.

http://www.speedtest.net

Coded-Dude
12-15-2010, 3:13 PM
I wouldn't even bother with 1080p on youtube. the degradation is such that you might as well render the video in 720p. Keeps the file size down and not as much loss in quality.

addyyoon
12-15-2010, 3:24 PM
When I had it at YouTube Widescreen HD, it was 40 MB, full 1080 was 400+ and they had the same results. I've uploaded other videos and they came out just fine

Coded-Dude
12-16-2010, 7:52 AM
I'm not familiar with Adobe Premier or what compression/format the Youtube Widescreen HGD format is in. I use Vegas to render my videos into wmv or avi(for compression), but generally stick with 720 when uploading to the internet. Of course I keep the original source just in case I want a better version. I will look into the Youtube Format and come back after I know a little more about it.

SuperSet
12-16-2010, 7:56 AM
Hey guys, so I filmed a shooting trip in 1080p and edited it in Adobe Premiere. Exported it as a YouTube Widescreen HD AND a 1080p 29.9hz files (separately obviously). I loaded the YouTube version on Youtube, but after it had completely processed the video seems to have added an extra minute and a half by really messing up the video, ie: slowing it down, skipping frames, skipping audio, etc etc. I tried the 1080p version, and that didn't work out either. Both files run flawlessly on my computer and I don't see any reason as to why it'd be like that. Any ideas? Thanks!

I've seen this problem with my early uploads. I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio and just followed the suggestions of others to upload in a specific format (H264/MP4) for best YouTube processing. I'm not the most technical person but try it in the MP4 format.

addyyoon
12-16-2010, 8:14 AM
Both of them are in H264/.mp4. Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep 'em coming!