PDA

View Full Version : BEST hicap 10/22 magazine?

TrailerparkTrash
12-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Based on your personal experience, who now makes the best hicap Ruger 10/22 magazine?????

Thanks.

Please no "...those aren't legal in Kali comments." They are to be used outa-state. :D

NSR500
12-15-2010, 12:47 AM
Butler Creek have reliable and affordable magazines. If you want "Expensive" there is the Tactical Innovations magazines that are machined from billet.

IntoForever
12-15-2010, 1:42 AM
I've never had a problem with my Butler Creek mags, 20+ years later.

homerm14
12-15-2010, 2:18 AM
Black Dog Machine is making some very nice ones.

shadow65
12-15-2010, 4:30 AM
Tactical Innovations is the best as far as reliability. I bought an aluminum one that has adjustable fit in the feed area. Expensive though.

porky
12-15-2010, 6:25 AM
I just got two Tactical innovations mags for my 10/22-I've been looking for a year on these forums-They are the best(along with blackdog) and to my knowledge the ONLY magazines you can rebuild older broken mags with-
I have several hot lips magazines that cracked or the feed lips went south- I can now rebuild two of them!

Ross
12-17-2010, 7:27 AM
Okay somebody help me out here.

THere is a new store opened in San Diego COunty, went in there last night. They have "lots" of EBRs and OLLs. Conversation moved to topic of 22s in the AR style.

Somewhere along the line he tells me he has a 100 rd drum for a 10/22 and it is perfectly legal for him to sell it in California because it is a rimfire.

Is he right or is this a short lived gun store in the making?

XDRoX
12-17-2010, 7:34 AM

THere is a new store opened in San Diego COunty, went in there last night. They have "lots" of EBRs and OLLs. Conversation moved to topic of 22s in the AR style.

Somewhere along the line he tells me he has a 100 rd drum for a 10/22 and it is perfectly legal for him to sell it in California because it is a rimfire.

No, he is wrong. The 10 round cap applies to rimfires as well.

To the OP, as already mentioned, Tactical Innovations make the best 10/22 mags. There is no competition.

gunn
12-17-2010, 8:15 AM

Whil it's NOT legal for him to sell it, it's perfectly legal for YOU to buy it. Get a receipt :)
-g

PC 12020
(a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:
(2) Commencing January 1, 2000, manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity magazine.
(c)(25) As used in this section, "large-capacity magazine" means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include any of the following:
(A) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.
(B) A .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device.
(C) A tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm.

-hanko
12-17-2010, 8:25 AM
Based on your personal experience, who now makes the best hicap Ruger 10/22 magazine?????
TI or Black Dog.

-hanko

Keystone
12-17-2010, 9:20 AM
I can't get my TI mags to feed the first 10 rounds. The bolt goes forward but misses the round, it does not happen when manually charging. The last 15 work fine. Any ideas?

XDRoX
12-17-2010, 9:21 AM
Whil it's NOT legal for him to sell it, it's perfectly legal for YOU to buy it. Get a receipt :)
-g

While not technically illegal to buy it, probably not a good idea. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't buying something that you know is illegal to sell still wrong in the eyes of the court?

Oldrice
12-17-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm sure that some may disagree with me, but I swear I've had really good luck and performance out of the Eagle magazines. My friends use them too - and haven't had any problems with them either. CDNN had them on sale a few years ago where if you bought a 30-rounder, you got a ten-round mag for free... I bought four of them and they have all - both the 30s and the 10s - worked and continue to work really well for me (and my buddies).

CDNN has the 30 round Eagles right now for $7.99 a rattle. They come with a lifetime warranty. I've heard good things about the Blackdogs too and the Eagles may not be the best, but for this price, you might want to nab one or two and try them.

Seesm
12-17-2010, 7:16 PM
Eaton and butler are the same pretty much just one is still made (BC) I have both...

CSACANNONEER
12-17-2010, 7:20 PM
Tactical Innovations is the best as far as reliability. I bought an aluminum one that has adjustable fit in the feed area. Expensive though.

+1000!

El Gato
12-17-2010, 7:26 PM
steel lips baby...

steel lips....

two words that say it all....

by butler creek in this instance... but steel lips... I just love that...

kinda like the farside strip .....

the sheep that give us steel wool have no natural enemies..:D

sevensix2x51
12-17-2010, 9:51 PM
my butler creek steel lips mags have been going strong for a veeery long time. cant say that about my eagles. plastic feed lips arent made to last 20 years... :(

think the eagle follower will fit in the new TI rebuild kits?

porky
12-18-2010, 6:07 AM
My feed lips seem to work for the ti mags-not using them right now- just the springs-

To get the TI mags to feed properly try adjusting the feed angle as its fully adjustible

CSACANNONEER
12-18-2010, 6:18 AM
You guys who think steel lipped BC mags are the best really need to check out TI mags. TI mags are like nothing else on the market and, they have steel lips too.

El Gato
12-19-2010, 6:38 PM
You guys who think steel lipped BC mags are the best really need to check out TI mags. TI mags are like nothing else on the market and, they have steel lips too.

well if they gots steel lips... that be good enough for me...:43:

inquiry...
just looked 'em up...
will my butler creek loader work with them?
the loader is what makes the hi caps fun...
more shootin and less loadin'...

BamBam-31
12-19-2010, 6:50 PM

This.

CSACANNONEER
12-19-2010, 6:57 PM
well if they gots steel lips... that be good enough for me...:43:

inquiry...
just looked 'em up...
will my butler creek loader work with them?
the loader is what makes the hi caps fun...
more shootin and less loadin'...

Yes, they load just like any othe 10-22 mag.