PDA

View Full Version : A molle backpack to carry a rifle?

thevic
12-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Anyone have some reccomendations for a quality backpack that i can strap my remington 700/ar15 to when out hunting? This will be for hiking/hunting

I want something like the TAD gear FAST pack EDC, but not cost $300 haha

CavTrooper
12-13-2010, 2:35 AM
Eberlstock or Kifaru packs.

Be prepared to shell out the bucks for the quality stuff though.

tenpercentfirearms
12-13-2010, 5:57 AM
Why not a $30 sling? Having run into marijuana grows in the back country, I wouldn't want my gun strapped to my back. Having run into deer in the back country, I further wouldn't want my gun strapped to my back since they are the reason I am out there.

Edit: I guess if you have to drag an animal out, it might make sense to be able to strap it to the bag.

acourvil
12-13-2010, 8:16 AM
The Eberlestock hunting backpacks have a gun scabbard that allows you to carry the gun in the pack but reach back and pull it out when you want to. I've been very impressed with mine. It's light enough that you can use it as a daypack but has enough room and tie downs that you can pack for overnight trips.

cmogi10
12-14-2010, 5:25 PM
I have an eberlestock J34 and it is a great pack and the scabbard is easy to use and comfortable. It has to be my favorite pack I've owned hands down, comfortable daypack and expands out for the long haul.

patriot_man
12-14-2010, 6:14 PM
Are there any packs that are designed to just carry upper receivers?

i.e. SPR upper in bag with a 16" upper on the lower. etc

Spyduh
12-14-2010, 6:41 PM
Are there any packs that are designed to just carry upper receivers?

i.e. SPR upper in bag with a 16" upper on the lower. etc

Firstly: If you don't own a pistol lower, it's illegal to own just the SBR upper.

Now that out of the way. IMHO you shouldn't travel around with the SBR upper without the pistol lower and have a rifle upper/lower readily available.
Depends how the LEO and Judge will view it. It could be viewed as constructive possession (even if you legally own a pistol lower).

It's a different story if you traveled with both AR pistol upper and lower and AR rifle upper and lower. Either both assembled or dissembled, there's no way that could be viewed as constructive possession.

patriot_man
12-14-2010, 9:20 PM
Firstly: If you don't own a pistol lower, it's illegal to own just the SBR upper.

Now that out of the way. IMHO you shouldn't travel around with the SBR upper without the pistol lower and have a rifle upper/lower readily available.
Depends how the LEO and Judge will view it. It could be viewed as constructive possession (even if you legally own a pistol lower).

It's a different story if you traveled with both AR pistol upper and lower and AR rifle upper and lower. Either both assembled or dissembled, there's no way that could be viewed as constructive possession.

SPR not SBR