PDA

View Full Version : Getting the C&R discounts

grammaton76
07-14-2006, 10:59 PM
So, I just got my C&R license today, and I'd like to start signing up for the available discount places.

So, the dealers I'm aware which offer discounts:

MidwayUSA.com - variable discount, 25%ish on avg, even better on some AR parts in particular, fewer things without discount than Brownells. When they receive your C&R, they look it over and then you get a "Dealer login" button under your "my account" link.

Brownells.com - 25%ish on average, variable of course

Tapco.com - you fax them your C&R, which adds you to their dealer list. They'll start mailing you dealer catalogues with different prices, and you phone in your order - no online ordering there for the discount.

Next up - any other companies you guys know of with C&R discounts?

Mssr. Eleganté
07-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Grafs will also give you the FFL discount...

http://www.grafs.com/

xenophobe
07-15-2006, 12:28 AM
Brownell's wholesale prices aren't that great. You can usually get the products they stock from the original company for much less.

grammaton76
07-15-2006, 1:05 AM
Brownell's wholesale prices aren't that great. You can usually get the products they stock from the original company for much less.

Well, I still maintain the discounts are insane - however, the original prices are definitely cranked up there to begin with. :)

PJA
07-15-2006, 2:02 AM
I already had a Midway account and just faxed a copy of my C & R with my account number written on it. Worked just fine. BTW, my C & R was recently about to expire, and I got an email from them asking for a copy of the renewal. Apparently they keep track.
Pete

stevie
07-15-2006, 5:45 AM
Brownells
Gun Parts Corp
Midway

Fax Midway a copy, then follow up with a phone call or email.

Yes they do check the expiration date

mltrading
07-17-2006, 3:04 PM
Also try:

CAI
SOG

Enjoy!!!

DRM6000
07-17-2006, 4:14 PM

Will those companies honor FFL03s? How many will actually sell to someone who is not engaged in a business?

Fate
07-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Will those companies honor FFL03s? How many will actually sell to someone who is not engaged in a business?
Yes they do. :D

maschronic
07-19-2006, 11:27 PM
So, I just got my C&R license today, and I'd like to start signing up for the available discount places.

what type of discounts are you talking about? parts/complete rifles? i was wondering because i was thinking about getting my C&R license. i would get it because i want to be a collector of old battle proven rifles. ie. M1 Garand. i noticed that the price is around $550 for the rifle. would i get the rifle for $400? thanks.

stevie
07-20-2006, 5:08 AM
Some on-line "retail stores" will give you a discount on the retail/list price on parts. C&R will let you purchase long guns over 50 years old, but not at a discount. Are you lookling at the CMP? No discount because of the C&R.

maschronic
07-20-2006, 6:32 AM
Some on-line "retail stores" will give you a discount on the retail/list price on parts. C&R will let you purchase long guns over 50 years old, but not at a discount. Are you lookling at the CMP? No discount because of the C&R.

yes i am. i'm looking for a plinking rifle.

stevie
07-20-2006, 6:42 AM
maschronic

Lots of plinking rifles, Mosins, Mausers, K31's. Most are reasonably priced with surplus ammo. PM sent

grammaton76
07-20-2006, 12:06 PM
Ok, I heard from Tapco - they officially give 10% off of the regular prices to C&R holders. However, you can't get those prices online; you order through their special dealer catalog that they'll mail you, and place your order on the phone.

MidwayUSA seems to have a bit of a wait to get your C&R attached to your account. I faxed 'em my license two days ago, and the discount hasn't shown up yet.

Brownells, you just enter the C&R license number on their website, but you also need to fax them a copy so they have confirmation.

grammaton76
07-24-2006, 1:40 PM
Semi-bump: I just added some info to the Midway section on top of the thread.

DRM6000
07-24-2006, 4:49 PM
Ok, I heard from Tapco - they officially give 10% off of the regular prices to C&R holders. However, you can't get those prices online; you order through their special dealer catalog that they'll mail you, and place your order on the phone.

MidwayUSA seems to have a bit of a wait to get your C&R attached to your account. I faxed 'em my license two days ago, and the discount hasn't shown up yet.

Brownells, you just enter the C&R license number on their website, but you also need to fax them a copy so they have confirmation.

compare prices before purchasing from tapco. midway's dealer prices on some items are prices waayyy better than the 10% offered.

grammaton76
07-25-2006, 11:55 AM
compare prices before purchasing from tapco. midway's dealer prices on some items are prices waayyy better than the 10% offered.

Yeah, I intend to do plenty of comparison shopping.

I'm also setting up a wiki page for reference on C&R discount places: http://thegunwiki.com/view/Gunwiki/ShoppingReference