View Full Version : A2 Grip Mods

Dreaded Claymore
12-12-2010, 2:53 PM
After I put a Magpul MOE grip on my AR-15 lower, I found myself fondling the A2 grip it replaced all the time while sitting at my desk. Although it's less comfortable than the MOE grip, it's too sturdy for me to feel good about throwing it in the garbage, being the pack rat and eco-friendly nut that I am. Looking at the "Pay it forward" thread, I notice that lots of people have A2 grips lying around.

I'm willing to bet that Calgunners have done some creative things with leftover A2 grips, or at least have thought of such things. Go ahead and post your ideas (or pictures) here!

12-12-2010, 2:57 PM
I made a little for my kid years ago. Don't know what happened to it so no pics.

12-13-2010, 7:22 AM
That's not a spare grip, that's an incomplete AR15 parts kit.

Buy the rest of the pieces and you'll be happy.

12-13-2010, 10:34 AM
I can't stand the finger riser on A2 grips since they interfere with smaller hands (not mine) and make shooting uncomfortable for fat fingered (also not me) folks. I try to make all of my firearms accessible to disparate physical types so they aren't hindered by poor ergo's when I take them shooting, so I always sand the riser off. Why not use an A1 you ask? The checkering isn't aggressive enough and they're getting spendier and harder to find and should probably be left to retro builds.

New shooters don't know enough about grip to fit the Magpul grips properly and I'm not going to spend all morning trying to get them set up. We're there to shoot, not play pattycakes. KISS just works.