PDA

View Full Version : AR Malfunction help

Sugacookie
12-12-2010, 1:43 PM
Spent Round Stuck in the chamber. I have not had any luck removing it.
-Ive Tried Pulling Charging handle.
-Ive tried knocking the bolt and chambered rd out with a wooden dowel.

Pics Attach, Sry only have an iphone camera.

And Yes 100 positive the rd is not live.

Plz Help. Thanks

swifty
12-12-2010, 1:48 PM
Go to the hardware store, in the misc metal rack there should be some 3"x3/16" brass rod.

Drop the brass rod down the bore a couple times, that should free your stuck case. No wood dowels, no cleaning rods.

1lostinspace
12-12-2010, 1:51 PM
Cleaning rod TAP then slam rifle butt stock down while pulling charging handle.

Your cleaning rod should get it out if not you have to slam the butt stock andpull charging hand at the same time.

1lostinspace
12-12-2010, 1:52 PM
PM sent call me

sevensix2x51
12-12-2010, 1:52 PM
the bolt is still holding the case rim, correct? the field expedient method to remove this is to hold the rifle in your left hand, with the butt pointing at the ground. hold the charging handle with your right and pull down on it hard. take your whole body and drop toward the ground, slamming the butt into the floor. the round should eject.

Sugacookie
12-12-2010, 2:01 PM
the bolt is still holding the case rim, correct? the field expedient method to remove this is to hold the rifle in your left hand, with the butt pointing at the ground. hold the charging handle with your right and pull down on it hard. take your whole body and drop toward the ground, slamming the butt into the floor. the round should eject.

So Far Still no luck. Hand is killing me from the charging handle. I need to go to work. Ill have to further attempt this tomorrow i guess. Pretty annoyed. :(

sevensix2x51
12-12-2010, 2:03 PM
shoot some penetrating oil down the bore before you go, and let it soak until you get back. kroil, pb blaster, wd40, etc... anything that frees stuck parts. should help...

Sugacookie
12-12-2010, 2:03 PM
Holy ****. I just noticed i bent the charging handle... A lot... Sigh....

Sugacookie
12-12-2010, 2:06 PM
shoot some penetrating oil down the bore before you go, and let it soak until you get back. kroil, pb blaster, wd40, etc... anything that frees stuck parts. should help...

Only thing i have is CLP. Cant Find any WD40.

1lostinspace
12-12-2010, 2:08 PM
call me

G-forceJunkie
12-12-2010, 2:08 PM
Edit: nevermind, I see the pics now.

1lostinspace
12-12-2010, 2:11 PM
before you hurt your gun further call me and Ill walk you through it, I send you the other digit it's another 1

1lostinspace
12-12-2010, 2:14 PM
Hello?

sevensix2x51
12-12-2010, 2:37 PM
jeez, louise! what the heck are you shooting through that thing??

and, eh, youre supposed to hold both sides of the charging handle. guess you didnt know that? hmm, sorry. should have made sure. those bcmgunfighter charging handles are nice, btw. :o

poached from personaldefensenetwork.com. hope they dont mind.

http://www.personaldefensenetwork.com/media/images/charging-handle-manipulation-claw.jpg

Sugacookie
12-12-2010, 4:05 PM
Cleaning rod TAP then slam rifle butt stock down while pulling charging handle.

Your cleaning rod should get it out if not you have to slam the butt stock andpull charging hand at the same time.

Late for work but this is the last thing I did. It was Successful!! I used a Wooden Dowel and slammed the rifle buttstock down while pulling on the charging handle. I received a bloody thumb and a cut palm but removed the lodged round.
Hopefully I didnt mess up anything to bad, but I will need a new charging handle this one is toast... Kinda dumbfounded how it got stuck, the rifle was basically just cleaned the day before.

Thanks for ALL the responses and PM'S!! If anyone has a charging handle they dont want let me know.. :)

-Chris

GUNFREAK
12-12-2010, 4:55 PM
I had this problem when I was breaking in a brand new Yankee Hill Upper. It did this the first ten rounds or so. I took it home and cleaned it really good (it wass cleaned prior to the first shoot) and took it back to the range a couple of weeks later. It functioned fine.

Not sure what happened, maybe just a rough breaking in period.

BTW, I used a cleaning rod to knock out the spent casing.

1lostinspace
12-12-2010, 5:39 PM
Late for work but this is the last thing I did. It was Successful!! I used a Wooden Dowel and slammed the rifle buttstock down while pulling on the charging handle. I received a bloody thumb and a cut palm but removed the lodged round.
Hopefully I didnt mess up anything to bad, but I will need a new charging handle this one is toast... Kinda dumbfounded how it got stuck, the rifle was basically just cleaned the day before.

Thanks for ALL the responses and PM'S!! If anyone has a charging handle they dont want let me know.. :)

-Chris

funny you ask there was a guy selling one cheep. I think the thread was AR stuff for sale or something like that it was a few days old good luck.
Call me and I ll tell you why it got stuck and how to avoid it in the future

wash
12-13-2010, 7:19 AM
I've got a spare charging handle and I'm local.

I've replaced two with BCM gunfighters so I've got two standard charging handles as spares, I probably only need one.

It's X-mas time, I can give it to you or if you have anything to trade...

stphnman20
12-13-2010, 7:25 AM
slam rifle butt stock down while pulling charging handle.

You know, This works about 99% of the time. When I tell people to do this, they just look at me like i'm stupid or something. I guess they don't want their precious mint condition AR to get f'ed up. :rolleyes:

wash
12-13-2010, 8:09 AM
I can see why some people would be concerned, it doesn't seem like the right thing to do but the pogo has been around probably as long as semi-auto rifles have been.

They say that Russians regularly used a hammer to dislodge stuck bolts in their Mosins. That's a bolt action but it shows that guns some times need a heavy hand.