PDA

View Full Version : Stockton Gun Show?

Dr.Mauser
12-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Is anyone going to this or heard of it? Probably the wrong place to post this, but just curious.

G lock
12-12-2010, 10:55 AM
when/ where is this?

microwaveguy
12-12-2010, 11:23 AM
This weekend ......... stockton fairgrounds

http://www.codeofthewestgunshows.com/gun_show_schedules.htm

Dr.Mauser
12-12-2010, 11:35 AM
if anyone is going let me know! theres only a few hours left

andrewak47
12-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Heading out there right now to check for some 7.62x39, 7.62x54r, and 9mm ammo! Hope there's a great selection and good prices!!!! Might pick up a C&R rifle.....

destro360
12-12-2010, 12:15 PM
stay home not worth it! there is nothing there and it is all over priced! best thing there was solar tactical but there supplies were limited! there was quite a few c&r but everything was over priced

Flyin Brian
12-12-2010, 1:03 PM
I considered going but I decided to go to Roseville next weekend instead.

Dr.Mauser
12-12-2010, 2:16 PM
when and where is it in roseville? and what is the price for entry do you know? and if anyone from modesto or the surrounding area is going, would you want to car pool?

andrewak47
12-12-2010, 5:24 PM
stay home not worth it! there is nothing there and it is all over priced! best thing there was solar tactical but there supplies were limited! there was quite a few c&r but everything was over priced

Yup, everything is over priced. OH BTW, there is a $10 entrance fee....I only bought a spam can(440rds) of 7.62x54r for $99. I should of picked up 2 cans...I MIGHT go to the next one in Roseville for this.

Dr. Mauser - I saw about 10 USGI M1 Carbines there, most were in good shape. They are pricey though, 1,2xx being the cheapest.

andrewak47
12-12-2010, 5:40 PM
when and where is it in roseville? and what is the price for entry do you know? and if anyone from modesto or the surrounding area is going, would you want to car pool?

December 18-19, 2010
Roseville Gun Show
Placer County Fairgrounds
800 All America City Blvd.
Roseville, CA

Show hours for all gun shows are:
Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Not sure what the entrance fee is going to be there but I am suspecting $10. If I decide to go we could meet up in Lodi off of Kettleman Lane, and take my Pathfinder to Roseville. It's an hour drive there. Asking for like 10/15 bucks each for gas. I can fit 3 other passengers. I can fit a total of 6 but I'm not going to be bothered taking my sons seat, which is a pain to take off and put back on.

oddjob
12-12-2010, 5:58 PM
I went to the Stockton show only because a friend of mine wanted to go and he was driving. I told him I haven't been to a Stockton show for years.....for that matter any gun show. And now he knows why. It was pretty bad.

How many tables at the Roseville show??

Joe226
12-12-2010, 6:07 PM

I went to the Stockton show only because a friend of mine wanted to go and he was driving. I told him I haven't been to a Stockton show for years.....for that matter any gun show. And now he knows why. It was pretty bad.

+1, Lots of SxS, O/U, and a few pump shotguns as well as a good number of C&R rifles but they were all over priced and there was nowhere near the amount of the Vallejo Gun show, and I thought it was small. Big Disappointment!!

sindominator
12-12-2010, 6:15 PM
Just got back from it a few hours ago.

I am new to Tracy and I used to go to the TS gunshow in San Jose and the Crossroads of the west shows at the Cow Palace. So this is my first show on this side of town. The show was small but I think it's better than the TS's at San Jose. No where near the maginuted of the Crossroad show but you never know what you'll find.

I was delighted with the "Free Parking" and it was nice to have a family owned inexpensive food court outside the venue. But was surprised not see the NRA doing their thing. Maybe because it was a Sunday? <- please confirm.

-gus

oddjob
12-12-2010, 6:24 PM
They were there on Saturday in the SE corner of the building.

trautert
12-12-2010, 7:47 PM
NRA/Friends of NRA are usually there, just inside the front door. Some of the same folks that work that table also work the booth for the Stockton Sportsmen's Club (selling raffle tickets to support youth hunts). They were down the left wall from the entrance in the corner. It gets harder and harder to support the little local shows, but I still try.

bruceflinch
12-12-2010, 8:00 PM
It was pretty small. I had never been there before. Didn't find any cheap C&R either. But I did get some 308 bullets, from the nice guys @ Get Bullets & Brass. Also picked up a jug of the Lyman Nuttough media.

thefifthspeed
12-12-2010, 9:32 PM
Local gun shows in the central valley are hit and miss with a lot of miss. I would save up and check out a Big Reno show if you want to check out some C&R stuff. Last time I went was like C&R heaven with pretty good prices to boot. I figure I should make another trip next year but I've curved my collecting and I really need to start to focus on selling stuff early next year.

Dr.Mauser
12-12-2010, 9:55 PM
Well im down for the roseville show, just PM me friends and we could make a CG members day out of it :D

762ski
12-14-2010, 1:18 AM
wow we can allmost dubble dip also reno show too..
http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/gunsched.htm

Markus
12-14-2010, 1:27 AM
yikes reno show is a bit of a drive for me.... I could drive to JgSales in prescott AZ and halfway back before I could get to reno.....

morrcarr67
12-20-2010, 7:51 AM
I really need to start to focus on selling stuff early next year.

Are you feeling OK? Just kidding.

Soooo, whatcha gonna sell????????? :rolleyes: