PDA

View Full Version : NAA MINI REVOLVER TRIGGER ACTING WEIRD

BayAreaShooter
12-11-2010, 7:50 PM
Well I got the NAA mini out and I had a quick question for anyone who owns a NAA mini. When you engage your trigger does it break like you fired a round (but does not fire) then give some slack then break off the round. Mine does. :eek: I have no idea if this is how the triggers are on these things but something seems wrong. I sent NAA a email about this but figured I would post it here and see if I could find any info. Thank you in advance.

sequoia_nomad
12-11-2010, 8:05 PM
Doesn't sound normal. The triggers aren't great or anything, but mine has never done that. It's stiff, but when it breaks it fires.

BayAreaShooter
12-11-2010, 9:01 PM
Doesn't sound normal. The triggers aren't great or anything, but mine has never done that. It's stiff, but when it breaks it fires.

Thanks for the input. Yea it did not seem normal. Anyone ever experience my problem.

G-forceJunkie
12-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Not normal, it should just be a short, single action break.

saki302
12-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Send it back to NAA- they will fix it for free.

-Dave

BayAreaShooter
12-13-2010, 8:58 AM
Well everyone I just got off the phone with NAA. Spoke with a service tech. I explained exactly what was happening and he says YUP THATS COMPLETELY NORMAL. :confused: So I explained it to him once again to make sure we were on the same page and he says YUP NORMAL. He says each gun varies a bit and it is nothing to worry about. I wrote them a E-MAIL a few days ago to the Mini Revolver gun smith and I am waiting to see what he has to say about it. If it is normal than that is fine with me because it is actually kind of like a set trigger in a way, but I just want to make sure everything is in working order. I will let you know what happens when I hear back from the gun smith.

Joe
12-14-2010, 3:35 PM
Interesting. Let us know how it goes

DSA_FAL
12-14-2010, 3:42 PM

I agree with what sequoia_nomad said. Mine doesn't do that either.

BayAreaShooter
12-14-2010, 3:46 PM
Well I posted this same thread on another forum and a guy actually said that on two of his mini revolver's he is experiencing the same thing and it is completely normal and not a safety or functionality issue. I am just a bit mad that I have not heard back from the NAA gunsmith yet.

Eddie1965
12-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Mine doesn't do that either, like everyone else said, the trigger is stiff but I get a nice clean break.

BayAreaShooter
12-16-2010, 2:29 PM
Well I have talked a few times with the gun smiths at NAA. I was told that the hammer sear is a bit over sized and that is what is causing the "catch" in the trigger. I am going to send the gun to them and it will be taken care of. They are paying shipping both ways so thats a plus. I will let you know how everything works out.

G-forceJunkie
12-16-2010, 6:54 PM
Keep us informed, However, I have heard nothing but good about NAA's customer service.

BayAreaShooter
12-17-2010, 9:31 AM
Keep us informed, However, I have heard nothing but good about NAA's customer service.

I have also heard good things about their CS so I am not worried. I love the fact that they are paying for insured shipping both ways. :D I just hope I get the gun back before Christmas.

BayAreaShooter
12-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Well I figured I would add this. I shipped it out this morning and it cost $129 to ship a 2lb box over night to Utah. :eek: I sure am glad im not paying for that.

Joe
12-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Well I figured I would add this. I shipped it out this morning and it cost $129 to ship a 2lb box over night to Utah. :eek: I sure am glad im not paying for that.

Wow.. Thats ridiculous. You could buy half of a new one lol

BayAreaShooter
12-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Wow.. Thats ridiculous. You could buy half of a new one lol

I know ridiculous. Maybe thats why the lady on the phone told me to claim it as mechanical parts and ship it by ground. I told her I DON'T THINK SO. Thats not the law and you are paying for it so why would I do that. :D

ke6guj
12-18-2010, 11:40 AM
I know ridiculous. Maybe thats why the lady on the phone told me to claim it as mechanical parts and ship it by ground. I told her I DON'T THINK SO. Thats not the law and you are paying for it so why would I do that. :Dsince you are shipping it to an FFL, there is no legal requirement to claim it as anything. Federal law doesn not require you to declare it as a gun or ship it overnight.

BayAreaShooter
12-18-2010, 2:07 PM
since you are shipping it to an FFL, there is no legal requirement to claim it as anything. Federal law doesn not require you to declare it as a gun or ship it overnight.

Thank you for the information. I was under the impression that all handguns had to be shipped overnight air. I guess you learn something new every day. Thank you again for informing me.