12-11-2010, 6:56 PM
maybe its too good to be true, but hey, now i can say that i've asked

morrcarr67
12-11-2010, 7:17 PM
maybe its too good to be true, but hey, now i can say that i've asked

Aren't we all?:D

Quinc
12-11-2010, 7:27 PM
You might be able to get a Yugo with a cracked stock for that much. If you have your C&R and are a dealer at a Certain Arms dealing site.

Markus
12-11-2010, 9:02 PM
Theres a Chinese one going for 275 on calguns I saw not too long ago.

69Mach1
12-11-2010, 9:05 PM
Got my ChiCom SKS for $230 on gunbroker. Deals are out there.

DNA
12-11-2010, 9:20 PM
Nor Cal
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=368735 $300

So Cal
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=370510 $250 each, 2

Dan

Lucky Scott
12-11-2010, 9:40 PM
You never know......... You just might get lucky.

olhunter
12-11-2010, 11:23 PM
$240 for mine.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=365539

lol....too late

Toyman321
12-12-2010, 8:39 AM
You might be able to get a Yugo with a cracked stock for that much. If you have your C&R and are a dealer at a Certain Arms dealing site.

The Yugo's they have also have a GL attached, so it's a no-go to CA, but they have a cracked stock Romanian for $279. I got one a few months ago without cracked stock, it came in really good shape.

VegasND
12-12-2010, 2:37 PM
I saw 3 Norinco hanging on the wall at a gun shop yesterday from $299 ...

But it was at New Frontier in NLV.

They're still out there, just harder to find in CA.

jamesob
12-12-2010, 4:35 PM
i purchased 4 romanians for 69.00 each from fac 10 years ago. ahhh the good ol days.

weezil_boi
12-12-2010, 8:18 PM
I was just up at a WA gunshow last month. I saw Yugos selling for under $200. AK pstols for $300. WA is nice because they do not require any FFL for ANY sales between 2 WA residents (rifle, pistol, CR, not CR, etc). So guys were in the parking lot outside selling and swapping stuff crazy cheap. It was beautiful. Maybe make a trip?

_Z_
12-12-2010, 8:31 PM
I was just up at a WA gunshow last month. I saw Yugos selling for under $200. AK pstols for $300. WA is nice because they do not require any FFL for ANY sales between 2 WA residents (rifle, pistol, CR, not CR, etc). So guys were in the parking lot outside selling and swapping stuff crazy cheap. It was beautiful. Maybe make a trip?

How CA friendly are WA people? A lot of times we get the short end of the stick when we visit other states.

I am pretty sure you can't just buy a rifle out of state when you live in CA and bring it back.

CrazyCobraManTim
12-13-2010, 1:36 PM
Big 5 was selling SKS's for $379 + taxes and DROS. As good a reason as any to get your C&R license.

Just got me a Russian SKS for $200 over the weekend. Figure about $50 more for shipping and auction fees. Should arrive in 7-10 days, just in time to slide under the tree.

If you get your C&R - you can certainly take advantage of such deals while traveling outside California. I've given up gambling in Vegas...now...it's searching for good gun deals.

CrazyCobraManTim
12-13-2010, 1:38 PM

Maybe worth a trip? Hell- that's the best reason I've heard to load up the Excursion and road trip! 15 hours off the computer, no cell phones....just rock music, increasingly green scenery, less trash & graffiti and all the junk food one can handle.

Of course - with a V10 - I could probably buy a weapon or two for what it will cost in gas just to round trip it... :)

J.D.Allen
12-13-2010, 1:42 PM
i purchased 4 romanians for 69.00 each from fac 10 years ago. ahhh the good ol days.

Yep, and around 15 years ago I got a top notch Russian for about $150. Sold it at a garage sale a couple years later. Man am I kickin' myself now! :banghead:

Flyin Brian
12-13-2010, 2:27 PM
How CA friendly are WA people? A lot of times we get the short end of the stick when we visit other states.

I am pretty sure you can't just buy a rifle out of state when you live in CA and bring it back.

If you have a 03FFL C&R license you can legally purchase C&R firearms out of state but there's no guarantee that the store selling the firearms will honor the C&R. I've purchased quite a few old rifles and had all different responses when I whipped out my CA driver license... one shop in Oregon would only ship the rifle to me since it was an antique (I was there in person but was flying out the next day to AZ so couldn't take it with me). Another time I was in a pawn shop in Colorado and they laughed at me for trying to use my 03FFL, saying "that might mean sumthin' to ya in Caleefornya, but out here it don't mean *****" and I couldn't purchase a C&R rifle. I tried explaining what it was but they ended up telling me to leave and not come back!! Another time I pulled out my C&R and they treated me like a king and even gave me an additional discount.

It's nice to have the license but if you run into someone who doesn't understand, there is not much you can do if they decide not to honor it.

IEShooter
12-13-2010, 2:29 PM
There's lots of Yugo's imported to California that have had the grenade launcher removed. In fact most of what Big-5 sales are of this type.

I picked up my $379 one from them a few weeks ago. Its in unissued, basically new condtion.

There was one that looked brand new for sale here on Calguns a couple of weeks ago too. Guy down in San Diego was asking $300 for it and it languished in the classifieds for a week or so before someone got smart and snapped it up. I was a bit too late or I was going to snap it up as a 'spare' for the safe.

Most of them won't be C&R eligible though as they are not 50 years old. According to the serial number, mine was manufactured in 1973.

knucklehead0202
12-13-2010, 9:04 PM
just keep your eyes open here on calguns and you'll snag one. before i even discovered this lovely place, i just kept my eyes and ears open and got a gorgeous '52 Tula for 200 bucks, followed by a '54 Tula, almost as nice, with ammo, that got thrown in with a Mauser sporter i bought for 150. i gave my dad the sks, he gave me 150. i got a free mauser, he got a cheap SKS with ammo. we all won. sometimes the deals just work out. if you can, get a romanian rather than chinese or yugo. otherwise, get whatever you can for the price. they all work, some are just more finicky than others.

weezil_boi
12-13-2010, 9:13 PM

Ive only talked to a few people but it seems hit and miss ( Im sure thats true of any state). If its CR you can buy and bring back as long as the seller is up to speed on the whole CR thing. But non CR.... thats a no-go for private sales without an FFL. But the OP was asking for an SKS so I was just trying to point out that the ease of gun sales up there certainly seems to have kept prices down.

I dunno if Id drive there for JUST that... but, hey... it is a beautiful state. Find a reason to visit and snag an SKS for the ride home ;)