PDA

View Full Version : All the Name calling going on in this forum

Noonanda
12-11-2010, 10:03 AM
I have noticed it alot lately, 90% of which is coming from the Sporter Advocates. Terms such as Elitist, Purists ETC.

Well Using the same Logic that means the collectors can call Sporter Advocates Bubba, Redneck Refurbishers, Hillbilly Homecrafters, ETC.

Now I have also noticed that it isnt Everyone that does it, sometimes the Obvious Trolls come here to pour Gasoline on the fire.

Maybe us Collectors are just being too "sensitive". But the same shoe will then fit when I tell you that you took a collectable piece of history and turned it into "something else"

Some try to justify it by saying "IMHO sporterized milsurps are pure Americana, American history, and most of them make me smile"
Well guess what that rifle already had some history prior to your modifications.

If you insist on name calling then expect the same back on how "great" your modifications were.

I live by the "I'll Play nice until you dont play nice" and wont say anything bad about "you" until you call me a name rules. Maybe others were not taught this way.

SpringfieldEMP
12-11-2010, 10:22 AM
I live by the "I'll Play nice until you dont play nice" and wont say anything bad about "you" until you call me a name rules. Maybe others were not taught this way.

These are words to live by folks.

chickenfried
12-11-2010, 10:28 AM
if a post breaks the rules report the post. I don't see any serious divide in the C&R forum unless someone posts intentionally trying to stir the pot. Do you think you are "playing nice" in your posts? In the end it's just the internet try not to take it so seriously.
I have noticed it alot lately, 90% of which is coming from the Sporter Advocates. Terms such as Elitist, Purists ETC.

Well Using the same Logic that means the collectors can call Sporter Advocates Bubba, Redneck Refurbishers, Hillbilly Homecrafters, ETC.

Now I have also noticed that it isnt Everyone that does it, sometimes the Obvious Trolls come here to pour Gasoline on the fire.

Maybe us Collectors are just being too "sensitive". But the same shoe will then fit when I tell you that you took a collectable piece of history and turned it into "something else"

Some try to justify it by saying "IMHO sporterized milsurps are pure Americana, American history, and most of them make me smile"
Well guess what that rifle already had some history prior to your modifications.

If you insist on name calling then expect the same back on how "great" your modifications were.

PatriotnMore
12-11-2010, 10:33 AM
It's the internet, being anonymous and a keyboard commando is too easy, that is why you get alot of this. Notice FTF conversations, rarely find someone acting rude, if they don't want to get into a fight every time they are around people.

Dr.Mauser
12-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Thank you Noonanda, its about time someone said something.

Kestryll
12-11-2010, 10:41 AM
How about you ALL play by the 'I'll follow the rules and not make personal comments or insults or I'll be kicked to the curb' rule?

Don't like what someone is doing to THEIR rifle?
To damn bad it's THEIR rifle, deal with it and move on to the next thread.

Don't like that someone wants to keep or make THEIR rifle historically correct?
To damn bad it's THEIR rifle, deal with it and move on to the next thread.

See how simple that is?