PDA

View Full Version : CA Fish and Game ?

FJ40 CRUZR
12-11-2010, 9:12 AM
So I want to get my brother a new Fishing license for xmas, I go to the F/G website to buy online and see this:

You may purchase a sport fishing license for yourself or as a gift for someone else.

Requirements for purchasing a sport fishing license online:

To purchase a license for yourself or another person, you must provide licensees name, residency status, driver's license number, date of birth, residence address, height, weight, hair color and eye color.

Must use a Visa or MasterCard for secure purchasing.

Must have a printer to print temporary and short-term license.

Information must be accurate.

There are no voids or refunds.

WTF do they need all this info for a Fishing License? I can understand for Hunting licenses but for Fishing. :rolleyes:

You are required to fill in the info before you go fishing, so why do they need it before? what good does this do? and if you are giving it as a gift and someone else happened to get one as well you could give it to someone else or use it yourself. This way you will have to eat the $$$.

CA DFG Really needs to figure what they are doing after all these years. :rolleyes:

Rant over, can someone enlighten me?

5shot
12-11-2010, 10:40 AM
That might be to buy the new automated license, since the machine prints out everything like a big plastic register receipt.
In the past I've just gone to Big 5 or another store and purchased several licenses for the family. That information is required to be on the license before you fish, but most stores will sell you a blank fishing license to be filled out later. At least up to last year they did.

Bruce
12-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Are the 2011 licenses acvailable in stores yet? It's my traditional gift to my brother in law. (One year, the hot little blonde who waited on me sold me a current license rather than the next year's license. I didn't notice it, being somewhat "distracted". After Christmas, the homely balding manager was nice enough to exchange it.)

FJ40 CRUZR
12-12-2010, 4:34 PM
Are the 2011 licenses acvailable in stores yet? It's my traditional gift to my brother in law. (One year, the hot little blonde who waited on me sold me a current license rather than the next year's license. I didn't notice it, being somewhat "distracted". After Christmas, the homely balding manager was nice enough to exchange it.)

Yes they are availible, fishing is anyway. I went to Big 5 today and they will sell a voucher for a new license. So ot looks like my brother is getting a voucher for xmas, then he will have to go into a store to get his license for the year. :rolleyes:

Spyder
12-13-2010, 3:28 PM
If someone else has already bought the person one, the computer will come back and tell you that, so that two won't be bought for the same person...