PDA

View Full Version : National Ccw Law?

Tommy_J_Trainer
07-13-2006, 4:19 PM
I heard today that there is some sort of law that is designed to allow law enforcement personnel to be CCW in states other than their home state. Can anyone shed some light on it for me. I heard that there are a lot of holes it it. Thanks

TJH

jmlivingston
07-13-2006, 5:52 PM
Might want to look here: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/leosa.htm

Note that it permits CCW but the federal law does not speak out on magazine capacity.

John

SFV_Dealer
07-20-2006, 1:33 PM
Anyone hear of rumor that a Federal bill is in motion to allow CCW permits to be honored by other states that have "shall issue" ?? If this rumor proves to be true, then my FL, AZ, UT, and NV permits will be good in CA since this state is a shall issue state even though most jurisdictions won't issue....

Bill_in_SD
07-20-2006, 7:45 PM
There is a thread over at Californiaccw.org tracking this topic.

http://californiaccw.org/forums/show/67.page

Bill in SD

SFV_Dealer
07-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks Bill! That helped alot since my customers have been asking about this....

Bill_in_SD
07-21-2006, 12:37 PM
No problem.

More information is better.

I am not trying to steer traffic away from Calguns, I think that both sites (plus THR and Packing.org) have specialties that the others don't.

Bill in SD

gose
07-21-2006, 1:07 PM
It will never pass. Don't keep your hopes up.

bbq_ribs
07-21-2006, 6:27 PM
It may never pass, but it's nice to dream about. Just like dreaming that I could wake up and find Rachael Ray in my kitchen in lingerie, cooking me breakfast.

Won't happen, but it's a nice dream, right? :-)

Bill_in_SD
07-21-2006, 6:35 PM
Why Rachel Ray?

I guess better than Alton Brown in a teddy.

Seriously though,

Realistically it probably won't make it -

But we should let our representatives know what a good idea it is.

Bill in SD

gose
07-21-2006, 7:16 PM
Sure, its a good idea, but so is communism and world peace. The problem is that this has as much chance of working out as either of the other two...

But we can always dream :)

The Soup Nazi
07-21-2006, 8:28 PM
It'd pass if it'd make it to the House and Senate, but the committe is made of nothing but anti gun democrats so they'll never let it pass because they know that it would if they did.