PDA

View Full Version : Sentry G4211

Canuck
07-13-2006, 11:04 AM
I am contemplating buying this safe from Walmart.com:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4324485#Features+%26+Specifi cations

This is my first gun safe that I am buying. With taxes and delivery it will come to almost $525. I am looking for an entry-level safe and I will not be able to afford any of the high-priced safes. I am thinking of putting this in one of my 2nd floor closets in my house. Walmart states that they will only deliver the safe to the curb and will not bring it into the house. Or am I better off with waiting for another safe to go on sale at Home Deport or Lowes and finding someway to get it back to my house?

Anyone have experience with buying this safe and ordering it through Walmart.com? Thanks for your help in advance.

grammaton76
07-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Gah. No Walmart.com experiences, but that's $200 more than I paid for an almost identical Sentry safe through Turner's. On something like a safe, S&H is going to eat you alive. You could spend less than $200 more to buy TWO safes at the $325 price point...

I'd recommend checking elsewhere. Turner's even told me they had a deal with companies to move safes for a fairly cheap price, in certain areas.

xenophobe
07-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Home depot normal price on this safe is $369, though the home depot one has a smaller inner lockable container, but still holds (advertised) 14 guns. I think home depot charges about $80 for delivery, which would save you about $50. They don't show this on their web site, but they do have them in stock at most of their stores...

I have one of these, and if you can get a friend with a dolly and a pickup, you can easily install this safe yourself.

I'm quite happy with it.

Sorry, I have no experience with ordering from Walmart online.

Diabolus
07-14-2006, 5:21 AM
I just bought one of the 400 dollars safes at Walmart and when it arrived it was beat to hell!

It took UPS over a week to come pick it back up. Big mistake buying a safe online, I am picking one up locally now.

Canuck
07-14-2006, 7:40 AM
Thank-you for the replies. Okay, looks like I will be scoping out the Home Depots and Lowes stores in the Bay Area for a safe then. Too bad we don't have a Turner's up here in the Bay Area.

AntiBubba 2.1
07-15-2006, 7:27 PM
That's what I bought at Wal-Mart this year, except mine was a 10-gun.

If you aren't in a hurry, wait until the next hunting season ends, and you can get them for 50 to 75 percent off, as they try to get rid of them.

rick_in_lb
07-15-2006, 8:08 PM
I will tell you that Turners here in So Cal has a couple of gun safes on sale. I have to pick up one very soon since my son has to many guns under his bed. . No kids around and no kids come around the house, so I really am not that concerned. I have to get a long gun safe because I reallllly want a shotgun around. So off to Uhaul and rent a truck to get the safe.
I used to have a truck but the wife sold it one day when I was at work, ya think she was mad at me!