PDA

View Full Version : Garand Match in Monterey County

kendog4570
12-10-2010, 12:02 PM
A little late notice, but the Carmel Gun Club is hosting a John C Garand match tomorrow at the Monterey County Swiss Rifle Club facility in Gonzales. Come on out and shoot that old warhorse.
Weather should cooperate, and the club is going to have a BBQ and a drawing for a handgun safe.
Hope to see you there

Lets see if I can paste the flyer...

mj1
12-10-2010, 5:12 PM
Nope, as soon as your brass hits the ground it belongs to them. Saw the rules in print at a local VFW called and was told it's fact. I'll pass.

kendog4570
12-10-2010, 5:19 PM
Nope, as soon as your brass hits the ground it belongs to them. Saw the rules in print at a local VFW called and was told it's fact. I'll pass.

Greek ball from the CMP is issued on the line, and the brass is yours.

Flyin Brian
12-10-2010, 6:25 PM
Dang... I'd love to go but I'm still waiting for a new barrel for mine. Make sure you post up the next match and I know of a few of us East Bay rookies who wouldn't mind driving to Monterey for a friendly match :)

kendog4570
12-10-2010, 6:43 PM
Dang... I'd love to go but I'm still waiting for a new barrel for mine. Make sure you post up the next match and I know of a few of us East Bay rookies who wouldn't mind driving to Monterey for a friendly match :)

Check out Carmel Gun Club site for their calendar. The 2011 shedule isn't posted yet. The range is nice, we have 300 yards with 10 firing points and pits. Not quite full distance, but it'll do.:)

PM'ed you on your barrel.

mj1
12-10-2010, 7:12 PM
Things can change. Maybe they got lonely or their charter was going to be pulled because it was the same three guys, the only three guys, every match. If so that is much the better because it stopped several of the guys going who had done the Swiss match years ago and I avoid over the brass thing. Have you not been to a San Jose Soaves match?

Tell us all how it goes.

xrMike
12-10-2010, 7:24 PM
I went to one of their High Power matches before. There were at least 15 guys there. Brass was all picked up by the shooters.

kendog4570
12-10-2010, 7:51 PM
Things can change. Maybe they got lonely or their charter was going to be pulled because it was the same three guys, the only three guys, every match. If so that is much the better because it stopped several of the guys going who had done the Swiss match years ago and I avoid over the brass thing. Have you not been to a San Jose Soaves match?

Tell us all how it goes.

It will be a lot better than what you are describing. Come out and shoot and you can have my brass too.
I live one hour from either SJ or Gonzales. Used to shoot with the San Jose and Santa Clara clubs when we had the trap range parking lot for the firing line at Metcalf. All things considered, I would rather have the extra 100 yards and pits.

mj1
12-11-2010, 8:01 AM
Like I said things must have changed but that was the way it was at one time. I got invited down there years ago by a member so he could shoot my L42 and after driving all that way to let his shoot my L42 they wouldn't let me in unless I paid to join so he could shoot my rifle so I packed up and left. I'll stay home and shoot 300 yards I think. Have a good time and report back with pictures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/montereyjack/c748a655.jpg