PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pistol CZ-52

cyrus
12-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Ok not quite, but close after a lot of work.

I bought a nice one with original phosforous finish. I replaced the roller with Harrington ones. The trigger was down right ugly until I changed the firing pin, with one that does not enage the addition spring. My barrel was perfect so I left it. Next the sight stink, The slot in the rear blade makes finding the front sight like an easter egg hunt, so I mounted up a Burris fast fire II on it with a little custom work. It looks odd to have an old style gun with modern tech. I have huge hands so the grip seems fine to me.

Outcome:

High velcity
Armor piecing to a degree, Better than 9mm or 45ACP
Very accurate
reasonalbe price
Nice trigger (huge improvement)
Makes a cool bark when shot
$0.08 per round

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss331/cyruskliewer/IMG_2497.jpg

hybridatsun350
12-10-2010, 10:55 AM
:useless:

Caribouriver
12-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Did you install the Harrington firing pin #1 with the short spring?

morrcarr67
12-10-2010, 4:24 PM
You are right.

Roccobro
12-10-2010, 4:37 PM
Burris FF on a CZ-52. I LIKE IT! I bet the C&R purist are :banghead:

Justin

Noonanda
12-11-2010, 5:48 AM
I bet the C&R purist are :banghead:

Justin

Trolling for a reply are we? that just isnt nessessary.

bobcatmech
12-11-2010, 6:29 AM
i have a cz52 as well..nice gun in stock form..lets see a pic of yours

Roccobro
12-11-2010, 7:51 AM
Trolling for a reply are we? that just isnt nessessary.

Oh no, you caught me. I guess I should have just put another TTIWWOP or other smiley. Forgot that the use of smileys show the grumpy (of uninitiated) I'm just I being sarcastic. Here ya go. :rolleyes: Please accept my apologies. Humor is lost on some I see. (Is your sigline an attempt at humor or a dig at C&R sporters? I'm offended!)

At least MY reply wasn't OT. ;)

Justin

Noonanda
12-11-2010, 8:29 AM
Oh no, you caught me. I guess I should have just put another TTIWWOP or other smiley. Forgot that the use of smileys show the grumpy (of uninitiated) I'm just I being sarcastic. Here ya go. :rolleyes: Please accept my apologies. Humor is lost on some I see. (Is your sigline an attempt at humor or a dig at C&R sporters? I'm offended!)

At least MY reply wasn't OT. ;)

Justin

OP Sorry to thread crap I actually do want to see pics of your pistol.

See the New post if you wonder about what I wote

858casper858
12-11-2010, 9:22 AM
Hey OP, can we get some pics!

todd2968
12-11-2010, 9:39 AM
Please do yourself a favor and test the decocker at the range with a round chambered pointed down range. Sometimes those replacement firing pins are a little long and cause the weapon to fire when the decocker is used.

hybridatsun350
12-11-2010, 1:39 PM
Delete this thread. Its lack of pics has proven it useless! :43:

Roccobro
12-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Delete this thread. Its lack of pics has proven it useless! :43:

OP should log back in and get them pictures up! I'm getting evil thoughts about my CZ-52's. :43:

How about you ALL play by the 'I'll follow the rules and not make personal comments or insults or I'll be kicked to the curb' rule?

Don't like what someone is doing to THEIR rifle?
To damn bad it's THEIR rifle, deal with it and move on to the next thread.

Don't like that someone wants to keep or make THEIR rifle historically correct?
To damn bad it's THEIR rifle, deal with it and move on to the next thread.

See how simple that is?
Hmmm... Purist is a hate word? Seriously? Just don't click the link if your so sensitive.

Justin

Noonanda
12-12-2010, 5:59 AM
OP should log back in and get them pictures up! I'm getting evil thoughts about my CZ-52's. :43:

Hmmm... Purist is a hate word? Seriously? Just don't click the link if your so sensitive.

Justin

I do want to see his pistol, but I and many of the "purists" (your term not mine) dont like being called names for no reason by someone who dont know anything about us.

Noonanda
12-12-2010, 9:16 AM
Please do yourself a favor and test the decocker at the range with a round chambered pointed down range. Sometimes those replacement firing pins are a little long and cause the weapon to fire when the decocker is used.

This is a definate must, and even then you might not want to use the decocker anyway. Even stock pistols have had bad decockers.

Caribouriver
12-12-2010, 11:30 AM
This may sound really dumb but I would appreciate a clarification from those of you that have CZ52's. I'm hoping to have one someday. I understand the decocker may or may not work and it is safest to assume it does not. Is this correct? Can you safely decock by holding the hammer back, pulling the trigger and easing the hammer down? Or is that dangerous in case the weapon is dropped? In the final analysis, is it just safest to never carry with a round in the chamber?

Noonanda
12-12-2010, 7:45 PM
This may sound really dumb but I would appreciate a clarification from those of you that have CZ52's. I'm hoping to have one someday. I understand the decocker may or may not work and it is safest to assume it does not. Is this correct?
You most likely need to test it at a range to confirm, using ammo so there is no doubt one way or the other.

Can you safely decock by holding the hammer back, pulling the trigger and easing the hammer down? Or is that dangerous in case the weapon is dropped? In the final analysis, is it just safest to never carry with a round in the chamber?
yes you can use this method, but if your finger slips you may get an "bang"
I carried my CZ hunting with one in the chamber, pistol on safe with no problems. but YMMV.

I want to see what the OP was able to do with his CZ. Thats why I sold mine because the sights stunk compared to some of my other guns.

cyrus
12-12-2010, 8:51 PM
whew pictures added...rough crowd

morrcarr67
12-14-2010, 8:11 AM
Thanks for the pic. :D

paul0660
12-14-2010, 8:35 AM
.rough crowd

No. Rough would be "pics or it didn't happen".

hybridatsun350
12-14-2010, 8:45 AM
No. Rough would be "pics or it didn't happen".

Lol. I thought about saying that when I first posted, but didn't want to be too hard on the guy. :D

Sweet pistol, though. I've wanted a CZ-52 for a while. I just can't justify the purchase right now!

Super Spy
12-14-2010, 9:06 AM
A couple CZ-52's popped up at Alan's Armory recently and were sold within a few hours....hopefully more will show up soon. These were original finish in decent shape.

Onlyincali
12-14-2010, 10:06 AM
How do you pay 8 cents a round? Are you firing surplus? Isn't there danger in this as many of those rounds were "machine gun" rounds? Seems like i recall stories of these blowing up from hot surplus rounds....or is that total FUD?

I know S&B sells new rounds but they are NOT CHEAP.

Someguy925
12-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Bulgarian 7.62x25 (the pink packaging) is apparently the very hot stuff and not recommended. I haven't heard much problem with the other surplus though.

But yes, 7.62x25 is insanely dirt cheap right now. I'm tempted to get a couple thousand for my TTC and CZ-52 so I have a huge supply.

hybridatsun350
12-14-2010, 12:32 PM
How do you pay 8 cents a round? Are you firing surplus? Isn't there danger in this as many of those rounds were "machine gun" rounds? Seems like i recall stories of these blowing up from hot surplus rounds....or is that total FUD?

I know S&B sells new rounds but they are NOT CHEAP.

There is PLENTY of surplus that isn't loaded to SMG specs.

JG Sales has it for 6.5/round if you buy 2520 rounds of it, haha.

cyrus
12-15-2010, 7:20 PM
Hybridatsun350 Do you know me from hybridz. I have the supra build.

Onlyincali
12-15-2010, 10:14 PM
any other links to said CHEAP but SAFE surplus ammo?

I've been paying damn near 40 cents a round for new stuff cause i thought the bulk was dangerous. In fact, i think i heard that on a cz specific site years ago. Sounds like I may be back to flame throwing, brass launching fun!

Noonanda
12-16-2010, 4:53 AM
The CZ above all I would trust to shoot surplus, even SMG ammo. It is built like a Tiger tank. The TT-33 not so much

morrcarr67
12-16-2010, 5:55 AM
Check out J&G Sales (http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/ammo-for-handguns/7-62x25-30-tokarev/p/7-62x25-polish-fmj-1260rd-in-can/cPath/25_28/products_id/3145) As little as $80 per 1260 rounds :D That's only 6.35 cents per round.

Noonanda
12-16-2010, 7:02 PM
OP how is the balance of that thing, does it make it seem top heavier than it already is LOL

cyrus
12-16-2010, 9:11 PM
I can't tell if the extra weigth. So light. My hands are huge so the grip is great. The only draw back is you can not get your hand high on the grip so it whips up when you shoot. Hold on!

Icypu
12-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Please explain the dot imprints on the frame and what they mean exactly. I'd like a CZ-52, but I'd like to learn how to pick a good CZ-52. What should I look for if I am a buyer of this high velocity pistol.

headshrinker
12-16-2010, 10:10 PM
I've had a CZ-52 for several years. The grip angle is a bit awkward for me, but it's great fun to shoot. Mine is not very accurate. I'm thinking of stocking up on the cheap ammo while I can.

Onlyincali
12-17-2010, 1:50 AM
Check out J&G Sales (http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/ammo-for-handguns/7-62x25-30-tokarev/p/7-62x25-polish-fmj-1260rd-in-can/cPath/25_28/products_id/3145) As little as $80 per 1260 rounds :D That's only 6.35 cents per round.

Thanks. I followed that link but it says "necks are often cracked". Isn't that concerning in itself?

Turo
12-17-2010, 2:05 AM
Thanks. I followed that link but it says "necks are often cracked". Isn't that concerning in itself?

The necks often crack when the round is fired, not before. From everybody I know that shoots surplus 7.62x25 this is common, and doesn't hurt anything. For reloaders it usually means that the brass isn't reloadable any more, but at 6.5 cents a round, I don't see a point in reloading it anyway.

Noonanda
12-17-2010, 5:34 AM
The necks often crack when the round is fired, not before. From everybody I know that shoots surplus 7.62x25 this is common, and doesn't hurt anything. For reloaders it usually means that the brass isn't reloadable any more, but at 6.5 cents a round, I don't see a point in reloading it anyway.

that brass is usually berdan primed anyway as well, most dont reload berdan primed ammo.

Roccobro
12-17-2010, 6:50 AM
OP how is the balance of that thing, does it make it seem top heavier than it already is LOL

The Doctor's, Burris FF, and all clones are really nice. Weighing in at about 2.5 oz's, it's been mounted to all kinds of firearms, and at odd angles. With weight at about what a few loaded round weigh, I've seen them mounted on the zinc slides of Walther P-22's without any problems in cycling.

Justin

cyrus
12-17-2010, 12:31 PM
dot imprints on the frame ... I dont know what you mean.

If it has a stamp near about the tigger it has be rebuild. If it has a another color than the phosorous grey it has too. If the slide is good and the barrels is onlyl the rollers determine the accuracy.

gun toting monkeyboy
12-17-2010, 3:44 PM
I don't see why anybody would get upset at this. It looks like all of his fixes are reversable, so therefore it isn't a bubba job. As for the T-33 vs. Cz-52 debate, that one has gone on for decades. I am SO not going to get into that. But if you don't mind cleaning up after corrosive ammo, there is not reason not to stock up on the surplus ammo that is out there. It is cheap to the point of insanity.

Roccobro
12-17-2010, 5:07 PM
I don't see why anybody would get upset at this. It looks like all of his fixes are reversable, so therefore it isn't a bubba job. As for the T-33 vs. Cz-52 debate, that one has gone on for decades. I am SO not going to get into that. But if you don't mind cleaning up after corrosive ammo, there is not reason not to stock up on the surplus ammo that is out there. It is cheap to the point of insanity.

This is as close to the "good old days" of surplus ammo availability and pricing.

Justin

Noonanda
12-17-2010, 6:42 PM

who got upset? maybe I missed the thread where someone is cursing his name.

The CZ is a stronger design than the TT-33, but in so many ways the TT is nicer, more history (depending on country of origin) but Im not debating it, again dont know what thread you are looking at.;)

Roccobro
12-17-2010, 7:39 PM

The angst wasn't from his work on a surplus gun. It was the negative connotation (and personal attachment) someone took to the word "purist".

Justin

seanbo
12-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Nice job on the CZ52. The one thing the gun needs is a better mag release. If you add a slide release that helps too. I love My tt33, BUT I love my CZ52 more. Any way you shoot it the 7.62x25 is the Cheeeepist way to have hipower Commie fun. I burned through 3 boxs of Polish split neck from 1954 the other day with no problems. Bang every time, so you better go get some tins before I buy them all!!!!

Does any one know what J&G charges for shipping?

Gurney
12-19-2010, 6:14 PM
I like the idea of the Burris mounted on my somewhat futuristic-looking 52. I'll look for a good deal on the sight and try it.