PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer 522 Upgrades ?

Hungarian_Legionnaire
12-10-2010, 7:01 AM
I've recently ordered a Sig Sauer 522 SWAT, I've been looking ALL OVER The Internet & Forums for any SIG 522 upgrades.

I would like to upgrade the trigger, i.e. (like how you can install any AR/M16 Match-Grade Trigger on the S&W M&P15-22). I know that since I opted for the "SWAT" model specifically for the fact that it has a 7075 Aluminum MIL-STD Receiver, that technically continues to a seamed "Monolithic" Aluminum Quad-Rail, which I could mount anything an under the sun that an AR/M4 could.
From lights, lasers, LAD, Bi-pod, vertical grip, rail covers, optics and so so much more. But what I'm looking for is something like a match-grade trigger kit, or better internals to make the sweet Swiss "Tacti-Cool .22" a little more accurate and reliable.

(I know it's a Tactical .22, & not a Match-Grade Track Driver) but I just want to do what I can to make it perform better, that's why people buy AK47's, AR-15's, M16's, M4's to take it to that next level of performance and that's what I'd like to do with my SIG 522 SWAT.

If YOU have any pics of your upgraded Sweet Swiss Tacti-Cool .22, feel free to post them, I'd like to get an idea of what people are doing with the best "Tacti-Cool .22" to date.

GM4spd
12-10-2010, 7:08 AM
The trigger on my 522 is very good as is---it is a little long on takeup
but breaks CLEAN at 4 lbs which is not bad. I know it is extremely
accurate---- just shooting "offhand" @75 yds it is really easy to hit any
of the silhouettes at ASR,10 for 10. I'm sure it is the equal of all the other
22s out there and probably better. The only downside to the rifle is-- it is
HEAVY for a 22 and to some this is objectionable. Pete

surfNshoot
12-10-2010, 8:58 AM
Have you shot the gun yet or still waiting to get it out of jail? The trigger is actually really good. I would even compair it to some of the after market two stage triggers for the AR. As far as making it more reliable. No need. it IS the most reliable in its class HANDS DOWN!!! The only time I run into an issue is with a bad round that does not go off. Or light primer strikes after about 3k rounds without cleaning. Fouling builds up on the bolt face and the round does not seat all the way back in the bolt face causing light strikes. brush it off and you are good to go again.

Logan3
12-10-2010, 10:49 AM
+1 on the trigger. I have found it to be a clean break and the gun is surprisingly accurate without upgrade. Before you go changing it around, I recommend going out and shooting it a bunch, then decide what you don't like and how you want it changed. One funky mod I have seen is installing a laser in the fake gas block. You can find out about that here or on sigforum. I forget where I saw it.

Most of all, have fun. It's a great gun.

BAGunner
12-10-2010, 12:44 PM
You can add all kinds of tactical accessories because you have the rail.
For me, the only upgrade I want to do is the 20" target barrel.

darqhelmet
12-11-2010, 9:09 AM
I haven't added anything to mine Classic but different sights. Play with it. I know there is a trigger mod but I cant locate the link now. The stock trigger is really nice for what this rifle is.