PDA

View Full Version : Muzzleloading suppliers in So Cal?

GOEX FFF
12-10-2010, 1:34 AM
Hey all, as us older BP shooters may remember, gone now are the days of the good muzzleloading shops in Southern Cali, like "The House of Muzzleloading" and "Pony Express". The web isn't pulling up much as far as CA based stores these days, so does anyone know of any good shops in the So Cal area that have a healthy stock of various muzzleloading supplies? Specifically things like percussion caps and Pyrodex pistol pellets..etc... I'm trying to buy local to avoid online Hazmat shipping fees. I stopped by M.B. Retting and they didn't have much of anything.

gun toting monkeyboy
12-10-2010, 1:18 PM
You might want to narrow it down a bit. "So Cal" is bigger than most eastern states. How far are you willing to drive, and where are you coming from? Many of the Turner's locations have Pyrodex and caps last time I checked. And most gun stores will have caps as well. Anyplace that sells reloading supplies will likely have pyrodex and 777, at least in their loose form. Pellets seem to be hit or miss. In San Diego, the only place that sells actual Black Powder, not a substitute, is Duncan's. They also carry No. 10 and Musket caps, in addition to the normal No. 11s.

-Mb

m1a1driver
12-10-2010, 1:33 PM
"The stockade" carries the harder to find no 10 pistol caps as well.

GOEX FFF
12-11-2010, 12:48 AM
You might want to narrow it down a bit. "So Cal" is bigger than most eastern states. How far are you willing to drive, and where are you coming from? Many of the Turner's locations have Pyrodex and caps last time I checked. And most gun stores will have caps as well. Anyplace that sells reloading supplies will likely have pyrodex and 777, at least in their loose form. Pellets seem to be hit or miss. In San Diego, the only place that sells actual Black Powder, not a substitute, is Duncan's. They also carry No. 10 and Musket caps, in addition to the normal No. 11s.

-Mb

Thanks guys. Sorry, I should have been more specific. :o
San Fernando Valley/Ventura area. There's a local Turners in the valley, I'll give them a shot with the Pellets.. I have loose Pyrodex P. but it's easier for my Wife to drop in a pellet than to deal with a measure. :rolleyes: :D

DC45
12-11-2010, 7:37 PM
Walker '47 in Anaheim. Check their website or give them a call.
www.walker47.com

Sabot
12-11-2010, 7:49 PM
Thanks guys. Sorry, I should have been more specific. :o
San Fernando Valley/Ventura area. There's a local Turners in the valley, I'll give them a shot with the Pellets.. I have loose Pyrodex P. but it's easier for my Wife to drop in a pellet than to deal with a measure. :rolleyes: :D

Give them a call before you take the drive to their store, they don't do a very good job of maintaining their stock.

radio2
12-11-2010, 8:36 PM
The Angeles shooting range store sell's Goex but I don't know about cap's. Call then and ask!

Palimino Stripe
12-11-2010, 10:17 PM
If I recall correctly- Camarillo Shooters supply had some stuff (obviously in Camarillo). But I haven't been there in over a year so I can't quite remember. You could always call...

-Palimino

RELOAD243
12-13-2010, 7:47 PM
The Angeles shooting range store sell's Goex but I don't know about cap's. Call then and ask!

# 10 & 11 as well as musket caps, range has black powder and reloading store carries some of the other powders for black powder firearms.