PDA

View Full Version : NPR: For Some Girls, The Ultimate Goal Is To Kill A Buck

N6ATF
12-09-2010, 1:18 PM
Looking at Magan Hebert in her orange-and-blue cheerleading uniform, you'd never guess that she could shoot a rifle and kill a deer with a single shot.

http://www.npr.org/2010/12/09/131390073/for-some-girls-the-ultimate-goal-is-to-kill-a-buck

Whiskey84
12-09-2010, 1:26 PM
Cool story. She definitely doesn't match up with what most people envision gun owners to look like.

This is in the wrong section though.

N6ATF
12-09-2010, 1:28 PM
An example of NPR not being a hand-wringing criminal (or animal) safety proponent is political progress for the 2A.

GOEX FFF
12-09-2010, 2:13 PM
I heard this story on the way to work this morning.
It was great, and the reporting on it was nothing but good, balanced and unbiased. They even mentioned you can check out her hunting pics on the NPR site. :) I'm not a hunter, but I was overjoyed hearing about this young ladies academic and hunting accomplishments. Listening to her and her Mom sitting in a hunting blind, harvesting her first Buck and her father's early teachings of shooting, you could tell her relationship and respect of her parents was/is a very strong bond.

dantodd
12-09-2010, 3:31 PM
you'd never guess that she could shoot a rifle and kill a deer with a single shot.

I am entertained by the fact that to NPR the testosterone level of the shooter is somehow transferred to the gun. A big burly man can naturally take down a deer with a single shot but a high school girl?

Stonewalker
12-09-2010, 3:32 PM
NPR does a great job of not demonizing people who have accents and live in the fly-over states the way most of CA seems to. They have been far more friendly to firearms-related issues since Heller/McDonald.

N6ATF
12-09-2010, 8:41 PM
But then again, they have a pattern of doing the fair and balanced (to criminals? frack them) thing, and putting out some victim disarmament tripe pretty soon after good stuff like this.

obeygiant
12-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Some guys think, you know, 'OK, well, you're a girl, you can't kill a deer.' You know, I can say, 'Yeah, I've killed two of them. What now?'"

- Magan Hebert
A daughter any man should be proud of.

Magnum Lode
12-15-2010, 8:40 PM
She sounds like the real-life Kim Possible - teenager, cheerleader, A-student, and marksman - "She can do anything!"

N6ATF
12-15-2010, 8:58 PM
Kim Possible? And where is that boy who's always losing his pants?

Haha.