PDA

View Full Version : Yugo Tokarev C&R status

Caribouriver
12-08-2010, 11:39 AM
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this. Two FFL's declined to bring in a Yugo Tokarev M57 pistol from J&G because its C&R status could not be iron clad confirmed. Some folks say yes, others maybe. Production began in 1957 and on into the 1960's. So some are 50 plus years old, others not. Then I read that all Yugo Toks were granted C&R status because Yugoslavia no longer exists as a country. Can anybody confirm this? Thanks

morrcarr67
12-08-2010, 4:56 PM
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this. Two FFL's declined to bring in a Yugo Tokarev M57 pistol from J&G because its C&R status could not be iron clad confirmed. Some folks say yes, others maybe. Production began in 1957 and on into the 1960's. So some are 50 plus years old, others not. Then I read that all Yugo Toks were granted C&R status because Yugoslavia no longer exists as a country. Can anybody confirm this? Thanks

As far as I know Yugo Toks have not been granted C&R status. The ones that J&G sales have right now come from PW Arms and are C&R via the 50 year old rule.

If you have a C&R stop messing around with local dealers and just go over and by it.

To make your trip worth while buy a CZ-82, 1000 rounds of 9x18 and say 2500 rounds of 7.62x25. You're looking at about $790 plus tax, gas and depending on where you live a 12 hour road trip.

Toyman321
12-08-2010, 6:19 PM
To make your trip worth while buy a CZ-82, 1000 rounds of 9x18 and say 2500 rounds of 7.62x25. You're looking at about $790 plus tax, gas and depending on where you live a 12 hour road trip.

hahahaha.... I laugh because this was the EXACT shopping list I had when I walked into J&G a little over a month ago, although a 91/30 followed me out the door too.

The Tok is a great gun for the price, couple that with the cost of ammo and it's a bargain. I love the CZ82 as well.

morrcarr67
12-08-2010, 7:40 PM
hahahaha.... I laugh because this was the EXACT shopping list I had when I walked into J&G a little over a month ago, although a 91/30 followed me out the door too.

The Tok is a great gun for the price, couple that with the cost of ammo and it's a bargain. I love the CZ82 as well.

Great collectors shop a like. :43:

zfields
12-08-2010, 7:52 PM
I hope so. Just contacted my Local FFL about an incoming transfer on one.

stitchnicklas
12-08-2010, 9:02 PM
just buy the tok from SOG

zfields
12-08-2010, 9:36 PM
Your assuming we all have FFL licences.

Caribouriver
12-09-2010, 2:28 PM
I may be wrong but I read that when NATO planes bombed the Zastava Arms factory in Serbia (formerly Yugoslavia) in April 1999 during the Kosovo War, many records were lost including those for the Toks. Consequently, there is no way to pin a date of manufacture on the pistol based on serial number. That is why I believe J&G says they are "C&R Eligible" in their ad and not "C&R". I called PW Arms as did my FFL and was simply told that they are a C&R dealer but did not document that the Toks were clearly C&R. I asked the ATF for a determination but have heard nothing back.